ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interfacing Datavideo ITC-100 with Clear-Com.  (Read 3519 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Interfacing Datavideo ITC-100 with Clear-Com.
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:36:55 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to interface a Datavideo ITC-100 with two Hitachi camera CCUs (CU-HD500) using 2-wire.  Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) the Datavideo support people aren't helpful.  I'm loath to just wire things up and hope for the best.

Datavideo supplies the following pin information for the outputs of the master station:

PIN1:Tally RED
PIN2:TIP  (talk and call)
PIN3:Ground
PIN4:+12V from base station to ITC-100SL belt pack 
PIN5:Tally YELLOW

My CCU has two 2W inputs, each has line labeled out/in(C) and out/in(H).  The CCU inputs are on a 25 pin D-sub.  One is labeled PD and the other is labeled ENG. 

My thought is that Pin2 is my out/in(H) and pin3 is my out/in(C).  Thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks!
~Erik

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: Interfacing Datavideo ITC-100 with Clear-Com.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »

I suspect you've got yourself quite a pickle. I've got some of the same CCU's.

The Hitwchi CCU's support either RTS or Clearcom party line intercom (there are internal switchers to select which) it appears that Data Video is incompatible with both systems. Unless they make a converter you may be out of luck.

The PD and Eng are two different internal intercom channels within the camera that happen to have names rather than numbers. You can listen or talk to either of both from the camera. As I recall the Eng channel also functions with the CCU on and camera off over the copper pairs in the SMPTE hybrid cable

Hope this helps,

Philip

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:30:54 AM »

I suspect you've got yourself quite a pickle. I've got some of the same CCU's.

The Hitwchi CCU's support either RTS or Clearcom party line intercom (there are internal switchers to select which) it appears that Data Video is incompatible with both systems. Unless they make a converter you may be out of luck.

The PD and Eng are two different internal intercom channels within the camera that happen to have names rather than numbers. You can listen or talk to either of both from the camera. As I recall the Eng channel also functions with the CCU on and camera off over the copper pairs in the SMPTE hybrid cable

Hope this helps,

Philip

Thanks Philip.  This is the problem with buying cameras before buying the new comms system 'eh?  A Helix system is in the works - unfortunately a matrix system with wireless isn't in the budget any time soon. 

I figured that the two comms inputs corresponded to the two channels on the back of the fiber adapter.  It's a shame Hitachi can't call them by the same name.

My hope was that one of the comms geniuses here might have some ideas on things I could try that wouldn't risk blowing things up.  The Datavideo is decidedly low budget but it's actually worked very well and the built-in tally has been nice when using cameras that don't have it on-board.  I'd actually recommend it to someone who needs comms now but wants to save money for the purchase of a good comms system later.  The only downside has been the headsets breaking.  A perfect example of where you get what you pay for.

If I can't get comms working at least I can get tally working and save comms for another day.

Arthur Shaw

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 12:18:58 AM »

Hello Erik

Hope you've got a solution for this. I'm facing a similar problem now ...I'm trying to connect ITC-100 to an EFP to Fiber system for ClearCom intercom.

Thanks Philip.  This is the problem with buying cameras before buying the new comms system 'eh?  A Helix system is in the works - unfortunately, a matrix system with wireless isn't in the budget any time soon. 

I figured that the two comms inputs corresponded to the two channels on the back of the fiber adapter.  It's a shame Hitachi can't call them by the same name.

My hope was that one of the comms geniuses here might have some ideas on things I could try that wouldn't risk blowing things up.  The Datavideo is decidedly low budget but it's actually worked very well and the built-in tally has been nice when using cameras that don't have it on board.  I'd actually recommend it to someone who needs comms now but wants to save money for the purchase of a good comms system later.  The only downside has been the headsets breaking.  A perfect example of where you get what you pay for.

If I can't get comms working at least I can get tally working and save comms for another day.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 12:23:24 AM »

Hello Erik

Hope you've got a solution for this. I'm facing a similar problem now ...I'm trying to connect ITC-100 to an EFP to Fiber system for ClearCom intercom.

It’s been 5 years and I honestly can’t recall.  I’m 90% sure I didn’t get anywhere with it.  The ITC-100 was retired shortly after the original post when a green-go digital matrix comms system was installed.  Good luck!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 12:23:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.