ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works  (Read 33275 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »

You could read Rusty's first post as:

"I wanted this product, tried to get it, but ran out of time because I have customer's to take care of.  Someday, I'm hoping to be in a position to buy another system and I REALLY, REALLY want to try Danley.  Maybe, just maybe I can get someone to listen before "someday" arrives.

More than once I have bought a tool that was not my first choice, but a tool in hand was better than a pic on the web or in a catalog-then eventually bought what I wanted.

Seems like Danley got the message, responded the best they could under the circumstances.  Hopefully Rusty is happy with the successful outcome of his post-and if things work out Rusty will be in the market for another system sooner rather than later and everyone will be happier.
Steve Swaffer

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »

Except.........

I volunteer to set up a listening site right here just outside of Boston within a 2 hour drive of 4 states.
We might just take you up on that.  I have contacted the regional rep.  We will let him decide
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Doug Maye

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »

We might just take you up on that.  I have contacted the regional rep.  We will let him decide
I ran into the same situation. I was frustrated as all hell. Sooooooooo I zipped an email off to the fine folks at Danley. NEVER got a response. I was left feeling "unworthy" of owning Danley products.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »

I ran into the same situation. I was frustrated as all hell. Sooooooooo I zipped an email off to the fine folks at Danley. NEVER got a response. I was left feeling "unworthy" of owning Danley products.
I know that for awhile the "general email went nowhere.

That is one thing I HATE about emails, you never know if it actually went through.

I have things all the time that just "disappear" without ever getting to where they were intended.

Maybe that is what happened to your email.  We are sorry if that is the case.

Call me old fashioned-but I like the confirmation of a phone call.  That way at least I KNOW I have talked to somebody.

I know the OP did call and talk to someone.  That is being looked into.  I have no idea or comment about that.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »

At least email has a bit of a record, as opposed to text messages. I HATE when people text me-- a) there's no record of it, and b) it's hard to write a message on a phone- unless it's a one word answer, I would prefer to email.

Actually, I find there's better records of an email then there is of a phone call-- at least there are email server logs and such.

Either way, glad every thing is getting worked out!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »

At least email has a bit of a record, as opposed to text messages. I HATE when people text me-- a) there's no record of it, and b) it's hard to write a message on a phone- unless it's a one word answer, I would prefer to email.

Actually, I find there's better records of an email then there is of a phone call-- at least there are email server logs and such.

-Ray
I do agree that an email produces a "paper trail", which is very useful.

HOWEVER-I also know a lot of people who use email as an excuse for not following through.

"Well I sent an email"--------

DID YOU CALL and follow up?

They think an email-especially a "cold call" one is good enough.  How do you know the person got it? Unless you "read receipt" every one?

Sometimes a 5 minute conversation on a phone will take the place of an hours worth of emails AND is much more personal.

I remember going to trade shows and meeting people I talk to all the time and seeing what they really look like.  Email doesn't let you imagine like a phone conversation does.

BTW-that is good AND bad-------------

YES, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:35 PM »

My part in the dog pile dealt with the Manufacturer/Representative/Retailer model.  That's why I pointed out the sins of a former rep firm with a very big client... it can happen to *any* brand.

"Two minutes to places, Mr. Loman."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 09:55:16 PM »

-Ray

We us a ticket system at my IT company and I still have customers that text or email me directly and then wonder why they don't get immediate service.  The ticket system is managed by customer service, provides a record of all interactions and holds everyone accountable. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 10:01:16 PM »

We us a ticket system at my IT company and I still have customers that text or email me directly and then wonder why they don't get immediate service.  The ticket system is managed by customer service, provides a record of all interactions and holds everyone accountable.

I always tell people to NOT text me-- call our office number. If I am in the shop, I most likely won't have my mobile on me anyways, so "for best results" (read:quickest) call the office number and I'll get called to the phone.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jay Marr

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »

Please do. 
I'd be there in a heartbeat.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.