ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M Touch  (Read 4237 times)

Theo_Christofore

M Touch
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

Anyone here own one?

-What are your thoughts?
I've spoken with people who love it, and others that insist on staying away from Martin control software.
Has Light Jockey left that bad of a taste?  ;)

Looking to upgrade in the next couple of months, and I wish I had a couple thousand to get into GrandMA but I dont see it happening this year. The M Touch coming in right around 500 bucks is very attractive to me.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: M Touch
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:23:25 AM »

Anyone here own one?

-What are your thoughts?
I've spoken with people who love it, and others that insist on staying away from Martin control software.
Has Light Jockey left that bad of a taste?  ;)

Looking to upgrade in the next couple of months, and I wish I had a couple thousand to get into GrandMA but I dont see it happening this year. The M Touch coming in right around 500 bucks is very attractive to me.

Chamsys MagicQ and a dongle. You'll never run out of "console" and it's truly cheap.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

David Buckley

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »

Both M-Touch and MagicQ are excellent solutions, but they are different solutions.  You should evaluate both and see how you feel.  As well as the Avolites offering, which is different again. 

The key question is do you want a hardware control surface or "just" a PC. 

Certainly MagicQ works much better is much easier to use with a couple of touchscreens too.  Most PC based consoles these days are better with touchscreens.

Steve Kosiba

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

I'm of the opinion that the M-Touch is the absolute best budget level PC wing out there.  The Martin software is incredibly easy to use, and the M-Touch is built like a tank.  I'm pretty sure that the hardware design & layout came from Livid Instruments - makers of some of my favorite MIDI controllers for lighting applications.  The M-Touch just seems destined to be paired with a Microsoft Surface Pro or a Lenovo Yoga for the perfect on-the-go control solution.  I really do like how they managed to fit 10 full execs, 10 button execs, and a programming encoder section on to the surface.  A buddy of mine just sent an M-Touch out on a tour with the TM running it, and he's quite happy with it.  I'm planning on buying one for myself at some point, I'm sure it will come in handy for when I don't have room to take a full console but need a full console's worth of control.

As far as the software - I haven't found a platform that's easier to teach entry level users yet is able to become as incredibly powerful as the M-series platform.  The visual, linear layout of the attributes is very quick to pick up on, and recording, modifying, and updating is fairly painless except for a quirk or two that you just have to get used to (as with any console, in my experience).

Aaron Ingersoll

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »

I have an M-Touch and I take it out on most shows as my primary lighting console.  I have it running off of my Windows 10 laptop pushed off to the side with a Dell 22" touchscreen monitor. It works like a charm. I love the software. I use it for live mixing concerts, conventions, musicals, etc. Only the M-Touch for me until I can afford an M1.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.