ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pope boxes  (Read 2458 times)

GenePink

Pope boxes
« on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »

Showco built a bunch of boxes in 1987 for the Pope tour, and rumor has it that the Pope blessed the PA:

8) bins each with: 2X12 assorted E/K 120, some reconed with 2204 (never finished that project) + JBL 2445/2385 + 2) Yamaha JA-4281B bullet tweets.

8) JBL 1960's style W-bins made in 1999 by me, upgraded with port tubes, with JBL 2241 vented gap 600W drivers.

2) ampracks to power this rig set up as 4/4 per side, each rack has 1) Crown MA-3600 for the 18s, 2) MA-2400s for the 12's, 2) MA-1200s for the 2' horns and tweets, and (1 or 2) Peavey PC4-XL crossovers. This rig would often handle 5K+ people outside for Texas rock shows, and cleanly do 110dB at the board, 80' out. We used to set the showco's on the deck, with the subs in a semicircle in front, on the grass (4th jpeg). True omni-directional 41-82hz.

This rig I will break up, blocks of four tops, with or without subs and/or amps. Each sale also includes all appropriate EP-6 and NL-4 cabling and amprack patch panels (EP6/NL4). 

Purchase of the whole rig includes a power distro with 130' of #6/4  ready to work, just send it L/R XLRs, and power from a California Hubbel 50 A twistlock, common on most large generators.

There are 16 W-bins available. The first 8 w-bins are clean, not the one in the first jpeg or the array. Pardon the dirty camera lens, this gear is not really covered in white 3" circles.

I am open to any offers on this stuff that is more than ebaying the components and burning the boxes for firewood. Anybody up for some Texas brisket smoked with plywood, Ozite carpet, and contact cement? Naah, me either.

I haven't had a garage sale in over 15 years, time to clear out all the non-Nexo gear.

How much? Hell, I dunno. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

Gear is located zip 78613, shipping and/or delivery can be worked out, stuff's gotta go.

PM me,
Gene Pink

ProSoundWeb Community

Pope boxes
« on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.