ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Firmware 3.0  (Read 15832 times)

Al Rettich

Midas Firmware 3.0
« on: April 23, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »

Seen the videos, wondering if anyone had any further information about it, or when it might be released...

Cristoffer Wernqvist

Re: Midas Firmware 3.0
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »

Seen the videos, wondering if anyone had any further information about it, or when it might be released...

No more info but from what I've heard a week ago, the update is 2-3 weeks away.

Cristoffer Wernqvist

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

No more info but from what I've heard a week ago, the update is 2-3 weeks away.

Ok, my informant was wrong. Anybody got any info about when it will be released?

Wesley van de Haterd

• VDH Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:43:37 AM »

Just saw a Facebook update from RPM Dynamics that their Pro X had Version 3 software working on the console.
On the video was a short demonstration on how you could choose the following order of your channels.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:06:48 AM by Wesley van de Haterd »

Cristoffer Wernqvist

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »

Just saw a Facebook update from RPM Dynamics that their Pro X had Version 3 software working on the console.
On the video was a short demonstration on how you could choose the following order of your channels.

It has to come out soon. Wrote to Midas on their facebook page and got this answer:
"Hi Cristoffer,  thanks for writing us.  We don't have an official release date for V3 at this time, however it is very close.  We're just as excited as you are!"

Jon Crocker

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 01:31:12 AM »

Midas just posted G2.6 for most of the Pro series. It is primarily to do with updating IO devices to be interoperable with the ProX. However, they also posted what, I think, is the first public release of G3.2 for Pro X. Described here:http://www.midasconsoles.com/assets/Softwares/PRO-X-Release-Note-Ver-G3.2_2015-06-24_Rev.2.pdf.

That still doesn't help us to know the time line on bringing it to the rest of the consoles.

Peter Morris

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:43:49 AM »

Midas just posted G2.6 for most of the Pro series. It is primarily to do with updating IO devices to be interoperable with the ProX. However, they also posted what, I think, is the first public release of G3.2 for Pro X. Described here:http://www.midasconsoles.com/assets/Softwares/PRO-X-Release-Note-Ver-G3.2_2015-06-24_Rev.2.pdf.

That still doesn't help us to know the time line on bringing it to the rest of the consoles.

Doesn't look like the Pro 2 was included. 

I was hoping they would address the pre EQ / Dynamic AUX send issue and add some decent reverbs.

jason misterka

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:56:39 AM »

I was hoping they would address the pre EQ / Dynamic AUX send issue and add some decent reverbs.

Hey Peter, how are you?

Just when I gave up and got my Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb going instead, MG buys TC Group.

Maybe we will get TC verbs on a Midas one day.  That would be spectacular.   Keep hoping!

Jason

Peter Morris

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 06:17:47 AM »

Hey Peter, how are you?

Just when I gave up and got my Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb going instead, MG buys TC Group.

Maybe we will get TC verbs on a Midas one day.  That would be spectacular.   Keep hoping!

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm very well – but – the issues with changing the 75 degree horns in my Flex Array to 100 degrees still continues after more than a year! Still nothing!

It’s not hard or difficult; when Proel owned Turbosound everything was so much better.

I'm also hoping for some nice TC verbs as well ... but the way things are going I suspect I may sell (if I can) everything I own that is associated with MG  :-\

Jon Crocker

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »

Just saw a comment on facebook from Kyle that explains this. Apparently the Pro1/2 have hardware buttons in common with the ProX that makes it an easier jump to get them on the new firmware. The 3/6/9 will come later because of that additional coding. I'd guess that's why the older models got 2.6 and not the others.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.