ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series  (Read 86976 times)

Don Davis

• So Cal
Re: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »

NAMM  is a month away.
I'll stop by the Yamaha area and see if they have any info.

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2015, 11:04:49 AM »

The older Dante cards were in the area of $500 for the Yamaha. The one for A&H was about $1000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks what I'm hoping, about $500 for the card and hopefully a 16 channel Tio won't cost more than the mixer does.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »

Thanks what I'm hoping, about $500 for the card and hopefully a 16 channel Tio won't cost more than the mixer does.

I was told (not officially) target price around 1750, I believe for card and 16x8.

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »

NAMM  is a month away.

I spoke to one of the reps at the Yamaha booth and he said Map on stage boxes is $999 and the Dante card is $499. He said the should be shipping after the show.

Thomas Le

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »

I spoke to one of the reps at the Yamaha booth and he said Map on stage boxes is $999 and the Dante card is $499. He said the should be shipping after the show.
Hope they put it into a bundle kinda like what Soundcraft does with their stageboxes. That or I wished Dante was built-in when the console was released.

Jeff Foster

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:36 PM »

V2.0 of the firmware was also released.  Among other things, it now enables the ST inputs to be routed to the sub bus, you can control the graphic EQs from the faders, as well as the obvious ability to send/receive Dante channels with the card.

Still no output delay.  Still nothing else on my feature request list that I have sent them more than once.  Seems more like an incremental update rather than a whole version change.  Overall, I'm kind of disappointed.  Maybe I was just expecting too much.  The card and stagebox were announced a long time ago and don't seem like that big of an announcement. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:15:42 PM by Jeff Foster »
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Thomas Le

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:14 AM »

Sweetwater uploaded the product pages for the $400 card and $1000 stageboxes

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Tio1608D
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NY64D

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »

So I got a TF3 for an install I did the sound design for. All in all I am happy with the mixer. There are a few things that bum me out, but from a sound quality and performance standpoint it is awesome.

The Pro's:

-Pretty easy to navigate and find your way around.

-nice touch screen and easy to read the mixer.

-plenty of mix options and outputs.

-The EQ is responsive and the sound quality of the mixer is good.

Con's:

-You have to two touch most all options, which means that it is three taps to get to most any desired parameter.

-No WYSIWYG means you are locked into using screen and remembering what the user defined buttons are.

-No output delays for the main and aux sends ( are you serious ).

- If you send a mix to multiple omni outs there is no independent digital trim for each output. You could just as easily use a Y on the Omni out and have the same control.

- There are 20 aux mixes, but the last 10 are basically stereo only. You really only have 14 auxes.

-While no big deal really, there is no graphic EQ for the " Sub " mix and the matrixes. Also the " Sub " buss only gets a three band parametric. The Sub buss is really limited.

My thoughts:

While I would not bat an eye at using this mixer, it is definitely dumbed down. My biggest gripe is needing to hit many menu options twice in order to get to the window to actually make a change. This makes many functions 3 button pushes away. My other huge issue is lack of output delay and digital trims for each omni out. The Omni outs need to be more about function rather than a link point. If I simply needed to split an output, I would use a Y for that. The FX are plenty good for this level of mixer and it is easy to use. I think however that for the price, it still has to give more. A Behringer X32 is still making this thing seem overpriced. If Yamaha were to release a few more abilities for this thing ( that should just be a part of it anyway ), it would be much harder to pass up. This is a great mixer for a beginner that doesn't know, but holds a power user back a bit.

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2016, 07:17:31 AM »

V2.0 of the firmware was also released.  Among other things, it now enables the ST inputs to be routed to the sub bus, you can control the graphic EQs from the faders, as well as the obvious ability to send/receive Dante channels with the card.

Still no output delay.  Still nothing else on my feature request list that I have sent them more than once.  Seems more like an incremental update rather than a whole version change.  Overall, I'm kind of disappointed.  Maybe I was just expecting too much.  The card and stagebox were announced a long time ago and don't seem like that big of an announcement.

I believe the Version 2.5 has delay now. At least on some of the outputs.

https://www.facebook.com/YamahaCommercialAudioJapan/videos/vb.434041853311645/1002273546488470/?type=2&theater

Douglas R. Allen

Jeff Foster

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »

TF firmware v3.0 is out now.  Among other features, it adds user account permissions...

Added an Access Permission function via user accounts.
Added a FADER section to the OVERVIEW screen.
Set the [HOME] key function in the PREFERENCE screen to display the FADER section. For detailed information, refer to the TF V3 Reference Manual.
Added an “EQ Band Select” function that can be assigned to the [USER DEFINED KEYS].
Added the following functions that can be assigned to the [USER DEFINED KNOBS].
Selected CH: EQ Band Select
Selected CH: Digital Gain
Selected CH: Send Level (FX, AUX, and SUB)
CH Select
CH Level
Added a “Power Saving Mode” function in the BRIGHTNESS screen.
This function automatically sets the screen brightness to low if no operation is performed during a specified amount of time.
Ensured that the STEREO/SUB Level Link function maintains offsets.
[Notices]
Offset values will also be saved in a Scene. However, Scenes saved via the TF series V2.50 or earlier do not include Offset values. This means that Offset values will not change even if such Scenes are recalled.
Added bus sends from the AUX9/10 – AUX19/20 busses to the SUB bus.
Added a SEND FROM screen to the FX1/FX2 channels.
Added the Matrix1-4 meters in the TOOLBAR.
New Presets have been added to the default Presets of the Channel Library. To add them to the Library list, execute “Initialize All Memory” after updating to V3.0.
Specification changes

Added the threshold link function of the “Multi Band Comp” effect to keep offsets between the Low, Mid, and High parameters. In addition, the Make Up parameter has been removed to avoid a sudden change of volume.
Changed the Input Gain offset link action between stereo link channels to keep the offset value even if the Input Gain is set to maximum or minimum.
The SYSTEM SETUP screen and the USER SETUP screen have been consolidated to the SETUP screen.
Added an Initialize NY64-D screen in the Maintenance screen.
Initializing the NY64-D feature was included in the “Initialize All Memory” function in V2.50 or earlier. This feature has become an independent function from the V3.0 firmware.
Changed the specification to not load the settings of channel selection, fader bank selection, and SENDS ON FADER to the TF setting file (.TFF).
Changed the “Monitor Source Select” operation of the USER DEFINED KEY from simple selection to toggling between selection and off.
Improvements

Improved the volume curve in a muting of internal HA gain control at each 6dB point.
Improved the action of motor faders.
Fixed bugs

Solved a problem in which the Stereo Link function might cause a data loop for the HA Gain control of the Tio1608-D when some TF series units having the HA Control set to on exist in the same Dante network.
Solved a problem in which a TF setting file could not be loaded by a certain operation procedure.
Solved a problem in which the Send Pan parameter set to center when executing the “All Nominal” context menu in the SEND FROM screen.
Solved some minor bugs.
Known issue

A message “Two or More HA Controllers may Cause Conflict” may appear when loading a TF setting file (.TFF) while the “HA Control” option in the Slot Setup menu is off. In this case, the progress bar showing the loading status may disappear. However, the initialization otherwise works properly.
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.