ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer series of digital mixers.  (Read 53905 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: New Behringer series of digital mixers.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 01:35:10 PM »

100% wireless inputs...mics and DI's.  Wireless sends to your powered speakers.  No audio cabling, just the obligatory AC unless Tesla reincarnates.

Well now…. when something with wireless connectivity comes along that is reliable and affordable - that will be a game changer  for sure!! …I'd get a big kick out of that ...

Do you see this happening soon Dick? I have read threads regarding this and it seems a long way off due to the unreliable nature of wifi connectivity.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »

It'll be hard to pass up that $300 XR12 for small acoustic shows, speaking engagements, or wedding ceremonies.  The 4U rack that houses my X32R is getting heavy.  ;)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »

All of this is more X32 in a different format. My take is that this is the Behringer reply to Mackie and Line 6. "B" lovers will jump all over this, others not so much, and in the end you still need the controlling device.

Debbie,
WiFi is as reliable as the equipment you choose for the purpose. Cheap hardware nets poor results. There's also a user factor that needs to be accounted for as well.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »

100% wireless inputs...mics and DI's.  Wireless sends to your powered speakers.  No audio cabling, just the obligatory AC unless Tesla reincarnates.

This is the holy grail for fixed install market and I would be apprehensive about robustness and bandwidth available. I have been waiting a long time for this (the bandwidth and robustness, not another software mixer).

Back a few decades ago I investigated using a carrier on AC mains just to distribute one channel of audio around a facility and abandoned it as not reliable enough. (For fixed install market it needs to work in 100% of venues 100% of the time, or a contractor bidding on the job with low labor content could end up screwed if the wireless doesn't work and he has to pull wire.

I expect the technology to happen eventually, so I guess it is smart to dip your toe in the water for low end entry level types who won't go out if business if it doesn't work every time/every where.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »

Heath kit dabbled on this with the intercom market.  My father made a pair to go between the house and the camp ground office to avoid the phone in the late 60's and early 70's.  The limiting factor was the power transformers.  Evan today the power transformers on the street will block the transmission of signals.   X10 sees this also.  I can plug in my X10 and have 3 houses on the X10 running.  That trany blocks the transmission to the other 5 in the block.   

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »

It is a nice size and feature set.  I am excited to see the price.  Money to be made with this.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 02:47:21 AM »

Heath kit dabbled on this with the intercom market.  My father made a pair to go between the house and the camp ground office to avoid the phone in the late 60's and early 70's.  The limiting factor was the power transformers.  Evan today the power transformers on the street will block the transmission of signals.
A long time ago, we had a pair of valve (tube) intercoms which used the supply for transmission.  They worked fine within the one house but we couldn't get them to work between neighbouring houses.  I think this was  probably because UK power transmission is three phase with only one phase and neutral going to each house.  If we tried it from three houses away at a house which was on the same phase, it probably would have worked.

Steve.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »

It'll be hard to pass up that $300 XR12 for small acoustic shows, speaking engagements, or wedding ceremonies.  The 4U rack that houses my X32R is getting heavy.  ;)

+1, I'll buy one at that price.
Mark McFarlane

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »

Corey...where did you see that price?  Steve, I thing the transformer was blocking the Signal
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »

Corey...where did you see that price?  Steve, I thing the transformer was blocking the Signal

That price was quoted in the video…
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 1.982 seconds with 21 queries.