ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Funktion One Dance Stack - How to build it from the start?  (Read 49071 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Funktion One Dance Stack - How to build it from the start?
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »

http://lampros.co.nz/sales-install/audio
Yeah that would be who I was thinking of.  Allister has been my main contact over the years.

Thanks for the link.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2014, 12:19:36 AM »

I was not familiar with this niche until the thread was started.  Then some pics of Void Acoustics were on Facebook PA of the day.  Magenta colored cabinets and the aesthetically interesting horns on top of the smaller stack in the middle.  Anybody else heard of these?  Might give the OP some interesting differentiation.  Manufacturers are usually interested in incentifying rental house that are willing to open new markets.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2014, 01:43:14 AM »

I was not familiar with this niche until the thread was started.  Then some pics of Void Acoustics were on Facebook PA of the day.  Magenta colored cabinets and the aesthetically interesting horns on top of the smaller stack in the middle.  Anybody else heard of these? 

Yes.  I discovered them about a year ago.

I was going to post a link - but I forgot!

http://www.voidaudio.com/

Steve.

Chris Van Duker

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »

I was not familiar with this niche until the thread was started.  Then some pics of Void Acoustics were on Facebook PA of the day.  Magenta colored cabinets and the aesthetically interesting horns on top of the smaller stack in the middle.  Anybody else heard of these?  Might give the OP some interesting differentiation.  Manufacturers are usually interested in incentifying rental house that are willing to open new markets.

I heard what I think was that exact Void rig earlier this year when I was working at the How Weird Street Fair in SF. I liked it quite a bit, though the tops really needed to be flown and aimed better to get coverage to the back.

-Chris

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »

And while we are "correcting" ------------  ;)  ;)

John Digweed first played on a Danley system in Atlanta this same weekend last year.

Carsten Eichstadt   https://www.facebook.com/carsten.eichstadt?fref=ts     
was the first one to paint the cabinets orange.

It has kind of caught on, and other people are having them made in other colors as well-red blue etc

Clarity (out of Charlotte NC) was the first company to take an interest in Danley for EDM shows-several years ago.  They do installs mainly in clubs-but also sports venues.

But I do agree that the Pure Groove relationship is bringing the products more mainstream in that market.

I stand corrected (regarding who coined the color), but from my perspective as someone that has been following your company on the web since its beginning, it is only now where I see real press with respect to this market.  A polish (or was it ukrainian?) club had an install.  There is one in SF, but the partnership with pure groove is what is pushing things.  I was under the impression that pure groove was behind the color because they seemed to be behind the press for a higher profile event in amsterdam which I assume Carsten was involved in.

Anyhow, I wonder which colors are next.  Purple, blue (multiple shades), brown, red, and yellow have already been used in hte last ten years, but I'm sure some of you old farts have seen hte full spectrum.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »

I stand corrected (regarding who coined the color), but from my perspective as someone that has been following your company on the web since its beginning, it is only now where I see real press with respect to this market.  A polish (or was it ukrainian?) club had an install.  There is one in SF, but the partnership with pure groove is what is pushing things.  I was under the impression that pure groove was behind the color because they seemed to be behind the press for a higher profile event in amsterdam which I assume Carsten was involved in.

Anyhow, I wonder which colors are next.  Purple, blue (multiple shades), brown, red, and yellow have already been used in hte last ten years, but I'm sure some of you old farts have seen hte full spectrum.
Carsten was the first one to color the cabinets.  He choose orange because it was a color nobody else was using and would easily stand out and be recognized.

The Pure Groove orange is not quite as "vibrant" but still gets the idea across and they wanted to continue the "look" since it was well received in Germany.

"The Hardpop" club in Mexico city choose a dark red to match their color scheme.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/portfolio/public-venues/the-hardpop/
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »

He choose orange because it was a color nobody else was using and would easily stand out and be recognized.

Like JBL badges? ;) ;)
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »

Like JBL badges? ;) ;)
Except for the size and the "look" of the exposed horn.

It's pretty hard to find a color that is "decent" and not used before.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Rich Green

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »

Does it have to be funktion one?

Given what you want to do, I'd think about 4 danley dbh218 subs and 2 sh96ho tops to round out a couple stacks

Decided to wait a few days and see if anything else got added.

It's interesting that void and danley especially got plugged all the way through this and I don't think I saw one person say they liked F1. I think it was about six for Danley and about 3 for 'anything but Funktion One'

Is Tony Andrews good at talking about what sound should sound like, keeping signal chains clean etc and you all agree on that but when it comes to buying his gear then no, don't do that - there's much better and this is pretty much the predominate opinion of all sound guys on various forums online?

Just seems a bit strange to me that's all. Anyway you've got me questioning the decision if that helps.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 03:18:24 AM »

I want to make it very clear I did not plug Void.  I was researching a market I had no knowledge of until you asked your question.  I was fascinated by the aesthetics of the Void, that is all.

I knew Danley before I came to these forums and I the systems I have heard and their resume speaks for themselves.  Sonically you will blow away your competition (based again on Hearsay on the F1 stuff).

I don't want my rambling to be weighted improperly in your decision.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 03:18:24 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.