ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Time zone setting in iOS calendar?!?  (Read 7801 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Time zone setting in iOS calendar?!?
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:33:30 PM »

So this is driving me nuts along with my coworkers.

I can't find a way to get the time zone setting to be available when making events in the calendar while the auto switch time to current time zone setting enabled.

Is there any way for this in iOS?

My android devices have the option to set up a meeting for 2pm central time while in the pacific time zone. But so far on iOS it just assumes everything you're scheduling is in the time zone you're currently located in and you have to do the time zone math yourself. (not the most ideal answer for upper management)
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: Time zone setting in iOS calendar?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »

Do you have time zone support on in iPhone Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars Time Zone Support?
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »

Do you have time zone support on in iPhone Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars Time Zone Support?

No I don't. because I want the iPhones to auto switch to the proper time zone when traveling. I want when making an appointment to display an option to select the time zone the appointment is in, while this setting is off. I'm puzzled as to how I can't do this, as iOS and even old Windows mobile/palmOS you could do this.

I feel like I must be missing something.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

General>Date&Time>set automatically (on)
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »

I think that's just daylight savings Don.

Try Settings, Mail Contacts Calanders, Time Zone Support
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:19 AM »

Adam, Bob is correct.  See my screenshot.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

Adam, Bob is correct.  See my screenshot.

Yes I know this option, and I've tested it and tried different options with it, but its not what I want.

I want the phone to function as it does with time zone support OFF. so it auto switches. So when someone flies from Minneapolis to Portland it detects it went from central to pacific time and adjust the calendar appointments as such. I then want an option when creating calendar events to select a DIFFERENT time zone than the one they are currently in for the event.

Its frustrating there isn't a way to achieve this it seems. I can do it on my android devices, and on the windows phone platforms I've tested.

Jordan Wolf

Time zone setting in iOS calendar?!?
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »

Adam, after you enable both of those settings, the pop-up for making an appointment in includes an option for setting time zone independently of your current locale.

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »

Adam, after you enable both of those settings, the pop-up for making an appointment in includes an option for setting time zone independently of your current locale.

I know it does jordan, but I want the phone to switch time zones automatically, and adjust the calendar times automatically.

It seems the only way to get the time zone setting in the create meetings option is to disable the auto time zone switch in iOS.

My problem now is users are in Portland making a lunch meeting for noon when they get back to North Dakota in central time. So they're entering the event at noon on their phone. They want to not have to do time zone math themselves and have the drop down to say Noon Central time. right now if they make it for noon, the iPhone makes it for noon Pacific time automatically.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

I know it does jordan, but I want the phone to switch time zones automatically, and adjust the calendar times automatically.

It seems the only way to get the time zone setting in the create meetings option is to disable the auto time zone switch in iOS.

My problem now is users are in Portland making a lunch meeting for noon when they get back to North Dakota in central time. So they're entering the event at noon on their phone. They want to not have to do time zone math themselves and have the drop down to say Noon Central time. right now if they make it for noon, the iPhone makes it for noon Pacific time automatically.

Sounds like a first-world problem, but what does Apple say?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.