ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with saved scenes on LS9  (Read 6944 times)

David Parker

problem with saved scenes on LS9
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »

my LS9 has been doing some unexpected things with the scene memory, things changing unexpectedly. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a weak backup battery?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: problem with saved scenes on LS9
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:25:05 AM »

my LS9 has been doing some unexpected things with the scene memory, things changing unexpectedly. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a weak backup battery?

I don't have a desk available easily but I seem to remember something in the setup area that gave status of the battery.  I don't know how old mine is but I did change the battery a few years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »

The battery will only affect whether the console settings will be retained when powering down. Once the console is powered and running, the battery does nothing.
What unexpected things specifically are happening?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »

What unexpected things specifically are happening?

Here is the key to getting help on internet forums. There is little point in saying your console is doing strange things, you need to describe what is actually happening.

Mac

David Parker

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »

Here is the key to getting help on internet forums. There is little point in saying your console is doing strange things, you need to describe what is actually happening.

Mac
it's doing some unexpected things with the scene memory. It's hard to describe, it retains some settings, not others, changes to name of scenes, erratic behavior only in the saved scene settings. The kind of abnormal behavior I would think would be due to the battery being low. The only problem is with saved scenes.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 06:58:44 PM »

it's doing some unexpected things with the scene memory. It's hard to describe, it retains some settings, not others, changes to name of scenes, erratic behavior only in the saved scene settings. The kind of abnormal behavior I would think would be due to the battery being low. The only problem is with saved scenes.

So it does what?  "...retains some settings, not others..." so what settings, are are they the errors the same in all instances of corruption, i.e. saved EQ settings are recalled as:  a) wacky random values; b) flat; c) unchanged from the previous scene ; d) all or none of the above.  Are the items corrupted always the same, EQ or mix sends or DCA assignment, etc?

"...changes to names of scenes..."  Eh? Scenes have numbers.  Both alpha fields are essentially for human use/comments.  So what happens, random characters?  Scrambled field of original characters?  Blank?

What happens if you save a fresh file (not previously saved to the desk) to a USB stick and then bring it up Studio Manager?  If the USB save is good, will it load correctly to the desk if the desk's file becomes corrupted?

Or are there other things involved?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Parker

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 07:14:18 PM »

So it does what?  "...retains some settings, not others..." so what settings, are are they the errors the same in all instances of corruption, i.e. saved EQ settings are recalled as:  a) wacky random values; b) flat; c) unchanged from the previous scene ; d) all or none of the above.  Are the items corrupted always the same, EQ or mix sends or DCA assignment, etc?

"...changes to names of scenes..."  Eh? Scenes have numbers.  Both alpha fields are essentially for human use/comments.  So what happens, random characters?  Scrambled field of original characters?  Blank?

What happens if you save a fresh file (not previously saved to the desk) to a USB stick and then bring it up Studio Manager?  If the USB save is good, will it load correctly to the desk if the desk's file becomes corrupted?

Or are there other things involved?
I haven't gotten that far along with the diagnosis. I was just wondering if possibly someone else had had similar problems when the battery started running down

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »

I haven't gotten that far along with the diagnosis. I was just wondering if possibly someone else had had similar problems when the battery started running down

You can do a battery check when you boot up.  Hold down the "store" (IIRC) button while power up.  Battery check is one of the choices along with fader calibration.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 07:42:35 PM »

You can do a battery check when you boot up.  Hold down the "store" (IIRC) button while power up.  Battery check is one of the choices along with fader calibration.

On most Yamaha console it also shows up in one of the preference screens. "it's doing some unexpected things with the scene memory. It's hard to describe, it retains some settings, not others, changes to name of scenes, erratic behavior only in the saved scene settings. The kind of abnormal behavior I would think would be due to the battery being low. The only problem is with saved scenes." is not a description of a problem. there is no way to offer help until you can say exactly what happens, and under what conditions it happens. What did you do, and what did the console do?

Mac

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

The kind of abnormal behavior I would think would be due to the battery being low.
I as said, you should change your thinking. This is NOT the sort of thing that happens when a battery gets low.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.