ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stage blinders  (Read 3504 times)

Steve Remos

stage blinders
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

Has anyone here had any experience with these? I'm looking to buy some and would like some feedback on the LED vs Par versions...........

Thanks!

James Feenstra

Re: stage blinders
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »

biggest thing to consider is how much power you regularly have available, as some blinder packs can draw LOTS, second consideration is budget

we have a bunch of 8x DWE650 packs that live around 45a each! They're bright as can be, and 4 channels which allows for some cool effects, but realistically they're too big for most venues

I like some of the MR16 and MR20 stuff, the power draw is a lot lower and they still have that tungsten feel

lots of the new LED stuff is too fast for me in terms of on/off time. With blinders I want there to be a bit of a fade out when I take my finger off the flash button, something more natural than the instant off of a LED. Unfortunately the only real way to get this is with a big power sucking bulb.

there's very few fixtures I prefer as 'conventional', but blinders are one of them...ACLs being another
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Steve Remos

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »

Power definitely wont be an issue

James Feenstra

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

Well then it comes down to budget...

I've seen jarags used as blinders fairly often, and there's always 4 and 8 way mole flays. I like the jarags because they're self contained (dmx and dimming in one) and all individual channels (5x25 mr20 I believe). They can also link together and do some cool video type effects, like on the jay-z stadium tour a couple years ago.

If you want just a straight blinder pack, the 4 lite mole flays are great, 2 channels @ 1300w/ channel. Small enough to put on small gigs, but big enough for outdoor festivals.

If you want I go the LED route, look for something that also doubles as a strobe, like the TMB Flare. Obviously the LED stuff will be at a much higher price point.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.