ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beer Bottles and Solo Cups  (Read 1651 times)

James Puckett

Beer Bottles and Solo Cups
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »

Seems like the easiest place for a music loving party person to put there empty (or not) beer bottle or cup is on top of my subs behind the tops, so when the band breaks I grab a trash can and rake them off...and grab a towel from the bar and mop up any spills.

LA400 Subs, LA460 Tops

This is driving me a little nuts...

Anybody got any solutions to prevent this?  That will not cause broken glass or bodily harm.

Thanks
James

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Beer Bottles and Solo Cups
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

Seems like the easiest place for a music loving party person to put there empty (or not) beer bottle or cup is on top of my subs behind the tops, so when the band breaks I grab a trash can and rake them off...and grab a towel from the bar and mop up any spills.

LA400 Subs, LA460 Tops

This is driving me a little nuts...

Anybody got any solutions to prevent this?  That will not cause broken glass or bodily harm.

Thanks
James

Hint:  if it's not fairly flat and kind of level, they can't use it was a table.

Revelation:  It's your gear, but *their* party.  Decide how you can enhance the latter while reducing the risk to the former.

Reality:  Spilled drinks are a fact of life in club & bar work.  You'll only have limited success with prevention so you need to have a plan of preventive and situational maintenance to keep your gear happy, healthy and reasonably attractive in a "sexy black box" sort of way.

History:  In a previous century, far, far away, I had a summer house gig in Wildwood, NJ.  Band does 3 sets with DJ in between and closing out the night.  My mixer seemed to be a great place for patrons to park a glass or bottle when we were on break (had wardrobe dept make a nice Naugahyde cover that had a sign "NOT A TABLE" & "NO DRINKS HERE").  I went to the waitresses and tipped each of them $10 and asked that they pick up anything they saw on the mixer.  On the 3rd night, the lead girl handed back my tip and said "it's good for our business, we watch to see who goes back to get their drink and we sell them another, get a tip, and point out your sign".  WOW.  They watched my gear for me and made themselves and the bar more money.  Smart and friendly, that's how I like to remember Jersey.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Beer Bottles and Solo Cups
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.