ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?  (Read 232669 times)

Tomas Miller

• Lyd Sound
Re: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »

If you want to act professional use your full name.

In what universe is this stuff not value products? Use accordingly.

JR

In what universe is it okay for your system to fail?

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

In what universe is it okay for your system to fail?

In what universe do we attain perfection? Not this one.

While the difference between value and premium products gets reduced by technology there still are differences or else there wouldn't be value and premium products. They'd just be products.  8)

Sometimes the difference is not literally the hardware but support, be it communication, competence, whatever.

So far from what i see posted the X32 seems to doing more right than wrong. In large scale manufacturing stuff always happens, its how the incidents get managed that matters more IMO.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »

I have two S16s and an X32, I've been running sound for a multi billion dollar corporation this week and had to unplug my stage box after the first session due to audio drop out followed by a loud pop which occurred twice.  Are you telling me that this was due to the wrong cable being used?

If your company wants to be a professional sound equipment provider then they had better start acting like it.

Are you telling me that you used a $3000 audio toy to attempt to provide audio for a "multi-billion dollar" corporation when they would have gladly paid for any console on earth to make it right from the start?

If your company wants to be a professional sound equipment provider then you need to spend money on gear like it!  You, my friend, were unprofessional to bring a toy rather than a 100% professional tool.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »

I have two S16s and an X32, I've been running sound for a multi billion dollar corporation this week and had to unplug my stage box after the first session due to audio drop out followed by a loud pop which occurred twice.  Are you telling me that this was due to the wrong cable being used?

If your company wants to be a professional sound equipment provider then they had better start acting like it.

One definition of "unprofessional" would be introducing a new system or major component thereof at a gig for a multi-billion dollar corporation without having first had a run through at the shop.   
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Brian Wynn

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2013, 11:21:33 PM »

Dear Guys,

As I indicated in my last post, the correct cable is important.

I posted Jan Duwe's comments on the correct AES50 cable. 
He has indicated that the cable should be Shielded CAT-5e. 

The AES50 on the X32 is technology coming directly over from MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK.  I have spoken to the people at MIDAS and they only advise the use of Shielded CAT-5e.  MIDAS actually offers a Belden cable with a cable reel.

I suggest avoiding inexpensive PVC jacketed cables that can be easily crimped, pinched or crushed easily.  You should also use a cable reel to properly wind up and store your AES50 cable.

We do not recommend CAT-6 or anything other than shielded CAT-5e.  While some CAT-6 cables will work, others can be wired differently and may not work. 

I also HIGHLY recommend a cable with Ethercon ends.

So once again Shielded CAT-5e is what you want to use as you connection between X32 and S16, (and S-16 to S16).

I have used the ProCo, (Pro Co 300' Shielded Cat 5e Ethercon Cable).  It has a robust casing, Ethercon ends and is Shielded CAT-5e.

The official MIDAS cable is also a great cable.  You can call our Vegas facility for availability.  702-371-0830

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Interesting.  My question is this.  Why does Midas ship the PVC jacketed UNSHIELDED cat5e without ethercon ends in all of they're Midas Pro series tour packs.  They tell us what to use but they don't send it in the package or use it themselves????  Sounds like BS to me. 

FYI I have had this same issue with and without the shielded Cat5e cable.  Sorry Joe but your answer to this problem is not the solution.  It sounds like a cover story to me until they figure out why the devices lose sync in the event of a static discharge.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »

As I indicated in my last post, the correct cable is important.

I posted Jan Duwe's comments on the correct AES50 cable. 
He has indicated that the cable should be Shielded CAT-5e. 

I have used the ProCo, (Pro Co 300' Shielded Cat 5e Ethercon Cable).  It has a robust casing, Ethercon ends and is Shielded CAT-5e.

FWIW:    I have used only UNshielded Cat5e between the X32 and S16 with no issues whatsoever.     When I first got the S16, I grabbed a 10+ year old cable that had been used in my office and ran for several days.   When a gig suddenly appeared and I was without a "professional" Cat5 cable, I got a 100' / $30 cable from Home Depot which worked just fine.

My current "pro" cable is 225' Belden Data Tuff (7923A), assembled by TecNec with Ethercon ends.   This cable is also unshielded and has given excellent performance. 
http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Computer-Data-Cables/CAT-5-Cables/TecNec/CAT5XTRM-10.xhtml

However, since Behrhinger has suggested shielded only, I began to think that I'd eventually have a cable problem and began to look for a shielded Cat5e.    I found that none of the ProCo cables stated whether or not they were shielded.    Suspicious that No Mention = UnShielded, I contacted ProCo and got this response from Scott Bertch: 

"Currently we do not have standard shielded category cables.  we can make them as custom part number but no standard offerings."

If shielded is indeed the best option in the long haul, I'll get one, but  I'm not finding them ready to go in off-the-shelf models.      Maybe I just buy bulk cable and build my own.    But still... I've had no problems with unshielded cables...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:03:32 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »

Interesting.  My question is this.  Why does Midas ship the PVC jacketed UNSHIELDED cat5e without ethercon ends in all of they're Midas Pro series tour packs.  They tell us what to use but they don't send it in the package or use it themselves????  Sounds like BS to me. 

FYI I have had this same issue with and without the shielded Cat5e cable.  Sorry Joe but your answer to this problem is not the solution.  It sounds like a cover story to me until they figure out why the devices lose sync in the event of a static discharge.

+1 and all that...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »

Something tells me none of the issues expressed in the thread are actually related to the cabling used...
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »

Seems to me a fibre option would be nice. That would solve all the issue related to copper I would think. No ground loops, no EMF/ESD issues. You just have to have strong cable.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Seems to me a fibre option would be nice. That would solve all the issue related to copper I would think. No ground loops, no EMF/ESD issues. You just have to have strong cable.

Too bad fiber is so much more fragile than Cat5. I've seen a lot of broken fiber cabels due to being man handled by software engineers.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.