ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone verify this pic?  (Read 11961 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Can someone verify this pic?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »

go ahead and search for Qlimax 2009 and you get the videos  like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjwqYSsYAg

Lemmings........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »

Lemmings........

I can just see Dick playing there with a Cordivox, an Iorio, and a Crumar. :p

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »

He'd be the hit of the party.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »

My Iorio Syntara IS the first generation solid-state successor to the Chordovox.  It was retro-fitted with Midi in/out/through soon after its inception.  I used various expanders and sound modules up to and including a vocal harmonizer.  I had to give up on the harmonizer, though, as after a few songs, I could not longer tell if it was on or off.  I'd just hear myself in three part harmony all the time......  That was weird.

I'll put a good one-man band up against a DJ any old time.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »

I'll put a good one-man band up against a DJ any old time.
I've never seen a one man band "lip sync" :)

Yes even some of the larger DJ's are said to "lip play" their whole show-so they don't "mess up".

What is this world coming to.  Live-who needs live when a copy will do just fine.

Why not just show a video-it would be a lot cheaper-and the artists could "perform" in several places at once-------

Yes I have been "burned" several times by a  prerecorded performance-and it was made to look like it was  MY FAULT-NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But "the artist" could NEVER be wrong-could they?????????????????
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:05:33 PM by Ivan Beaver »
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim Turner

• Calgary, Alberta... Canada eh!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »

Yes even some of the larger DJ's are said to "lip play" their whole show-so they don't "mess up".

I've seen HUGE riders for exotic DJ "backline" where the promoters have had to source and ship it across the continent... only to have the "talent" hit play on their mini disc... LOL... but man they had MOVES baby!
smile & wave...

john lutz

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

Guess I'm officially old - I watched the vids and just don't  get it.  What genre is it?  Fantastic equipment, although it seemed underutilized.  I kept waiting for something to happen - like the second coming or something.  Obviously popular style - but why?  I don't hate it - just really don't get the hook.

And the DJs - can someone explain to me what makes a "great" DJ?  I'm clueless.  Are they just sampling snips of tracks and morphing them into a groove?  That can't be all there is to it?

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »

Guess I'm officially old - I watched the vids and just don't  get it.  What genre is it?  Fantastic equipment, although it seemed underutilized.  I kept waiting for something to happen - like the second coming or something.  Obviously popular style - but why?  I don't hate it - just really don't get the hook.

And the DJs - can someone explain to me what makes a "great" DJ?  I'm clueless.  Are they just sampling snips of tracks and morphing them into a groove?  That can't be all there is to it?

don't feel bad, I had to look it up... and I think I was SR provider for one (small venue) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

Your new word for today is hardbass. I'm not sure if it is done much here in the US.

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »

First, I apologize to whomever was involved in this production for doubting that this pic is real. I have just the smallest doubt about it being genuine and I'd love to be proved wrong.

Did this event really happen and with the production shown in the picture? If so, then....DAYUM!

Again, apologies all around if it is indeed real.

Thanx,
Geri O

Yes its real.. It was more for even coverage and keeping in line with noise restrictions. These types of events are getting HUGE. Today a 150,000 festival sold out in 1 second online. (Tomorrowland)

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »

don't feel bad, I had to look it up... and I think I was SR provider for one (small venue) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

Your new word for today is hardbass. I'm not sure if it is done much here in the US.

How the terms "edm," "electronic dance music," and "dubstep" have been thrown around in the US media  in the last leads me to think that america has a similar phenomenon happening.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.