ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set Master/Slave mode on ADJ Mega Par Profile  (Read 11966 times)

John Roll

How to set Master/Slave mode on ADJ Mega Par Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

I want to try this configuration with my lights but cant figure out how to program the first unit as the master and the rest as slaves. Does this mode have to be set up with them disconnected from one another?

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

Josh Daws

Re: How to set Master/Slave mode on ADJ Mega Par Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »

I want to try this configuration with my lights but cant figure out how to program the first unit as the master and the rest as slaves. Does this mode have to be set up with them disconnected from one another?

John

without sounding like a dick...did you read the manual? im sure it is explained? the manual is also available online from the ADJ website.

however...you should scroll through the menu until you see something like SLnd...then Nast, or SLAV...that is the typcal ADJ place to change the master/slave.

John Roll

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »

without sounding like a dick...did you read the manual? im sure it is explained? the manual is also available online from the ADJ website.

however...you should scroll through the menu until you see something like SLnd...then Nast, or SLAV...that is the typcal ADJ place to change the master/slave.

Have you SEEN the manual?????It doesn't give any explanation of how to get the fixture into Master or Slave mode. It just says it can been configured this way....When scrolling through the menus, I did NOT seen anything which gave me an indication of Mast or SLav or anything that would clue me in.....that's why I'm asking. I did the scrolling with the fixtures linked together. I also though that that might be an issue. I didn't have any time to play with them as I was at a show at the time...
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

Josh Daws

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

Have you SEEN the manual?????It doesn't give any explanation of how to get the fixture into Master or Slave mode. It just says it can been configured this way....When scrolling through the menus, I did NOT seen anything which gave me an indication of Mast or SLav or anything that would clue me in.....that's why I'm asking. I did the scrolling with the fixtures linked together. I also though that that might be an issue. I didn't have any time to play with them as I was at a show at the time...

did you see the menu option that said SLnd?? the option should be in there...

John Roll

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

did you see the menu option that said SLnd?? the option should be in there...
I was thinking the same thing. Those options should be in there. That's why I asked if it made a difference if they were daisy-chained or not when scrolling through the menus. I'll scroll through the menu again tonight and let you know how I make out..

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

Josh Daws

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:46 AM »

I was thinking the same thing. Those options should be in there. That's why I asked if it made a difference if they were daisy-chained or not when scrolling through the menus. I'll scroll through the menu again tonight and let you know how I make out..

John

no it definitely wont make a difference if they are daisy chained while changing settings...im certain the menu will say SLnd, then press enter...then you should have a couple options...NaSt for master, and SLav for slave....

this is approximately 3-4 menu options after the address...this is pretty consistent across the board in the menu structure of ADJ....

John Roll

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

no it definitely wont make a difference if they are daisy chained while changing settings...im certain the menu will say SLnd, then press enter...then you should have a couple options...NaSt for master, and SLav for slave....

this is approximately 3-4 menu options after the address...this is pretty consistent across the board in the menu structure of ADJ....
Thanks Josh. I looked last night and didn't see those options. Again, there wasn't time to do a thorough search. I'm gonna pull one off the truss and play with it when there are no time constraints/distractions. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the help!

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

duane massey

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »

The manual is confusing. It does mention master/slave in the remote control section, but not in the regular section. It's possible there is no master/slave mode. If you have no luck, contact ADJ or the dealer you got them from.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Josh Daws

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »

Thanks Josh. I looked last night and didn't see those options. Again, there wasn't time to do a thorough search. I'm gonna pull one off the truss and play with it when there are no time constraints/distractions. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the help!

John

ok..im not sure if you are controlling them via DMX or just sticking them in soundactive mode or not, but if you are contorlling via DMX just set the DMX channel numbers the same. this will make those lights you have on the same channel do the same thing...

John Roll

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

ok..im not sure if you are controlling them via DMX or just sticking them in soundactive mode or not, but if you are contorlling via DMX just set the DMX channel numbers the same. this will make those lights you have on the same channel do the same thing...

I am not using my DMX controller right now. The fixtures are in standalone mode using a sound activated pgm. I called ADJ but I guess they are out until after the first..I'll try again on Weds or Thurs. Thanks again for the help. It does look like that there is no master/slave mode. It might be only an IR function.

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.