ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplifers for VT4887  (Read 4244 times)

Chris Delcambre

Amplifers for VT4887
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

Hi yall,

What Itech amplifiers would you recommend for a 6 box a side 4887 system???

Thanks,
Chris

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Amplifers for VT4887
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »

Any of them.

Even the itech 12kHD will have limiters that are useful for not blowing up speakers.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Chris Delcambre

Re: Amplifers for VT4887
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 04:32:23 PM »

Any of them.

Even the itech 12kHD will have limiters that are useful for not blowing up speakers.

Thanks.

Do yall use any of the 4887 at backstage or just 4888???

Chris

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

Hi yall,

What Itech amplifiers would you recommend for a 6 box a side 4887 system???

Thanks,
Chris

IT6K or IT8K.  Typically I circuit a 6 box hang as 4 over 2 although I've used 3 over 3, too.

You can use up to 4 4887 on an amp so you'll need 4 ITechs to power this rig.  We'll send out 2 racks of Itechs, 1 for the hangs and the other for subs, front fills (also 4887) and a pair of passive monitor mixes or utility.

It's a good sounding rig and I enjoy mixing on it.  Our corporate clients like the size and coverage.  My boss likes it because it makes money (and he likes mixing on it, too).

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »

Thanks.

Do yall use any of the 4887 at backstage or just 4888???

Chris

We only have the 88's. And getting more this week in fact!

If I'm not mistaken, the presets you load into an iTech will set the limiters appropriately according to which amp it is. So a 4k,  6k, or 8k all will work fine.

I will say that the V5 presets on the iTech HD's are worth the cost of admission. It brings the Vertec series up into the rarefied air with the other big boy line arrays.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »

We only have the 88's. And getting more this week in fact!

If I'm not mistaken, the presets you load into an iTech will set the limiters appropriately according to which amp it is. So a 4k,  6k, or 8k all will work fine.

I will say that the V5 presets on the iTech HD's are worth the cost of admission. It brings the Vertec series up into the rarefied air with the other big boy line arrays.

In addition to limiter settings there are a couple of input gain changes.  JBL sets the peak voltage limiters but the RMS limiters are not engaged by default, nor are the RMS limiter settings you see, appropriate.  They publish some suggested settings in their VerTec Configuration documents.  Start there.

V5 is nice.  I wish we had HDs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Adam Robinson

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:32 AM »

sonically, the iTech HD is huge leap forward in sound quality from the original series.  I've never enjoyed V4 presets on original iTechs, but have liked them on just about every other supported DSP with conventional amplifiers.  I've done tours with the HD DSP and V4 and when first introduced to that setup, I was instantly impressed at how good it made Vertec sound. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.