ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 pin to 5 pin male & female in line com headset adapters?  (Read 11032 times)

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
4 pin to 5 pin male & female in line com headset adapters?
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:00:30 AM »

Hello,

I just bought a personal lightweight telex ph-88 com headset.  I want to have the option to use it for beltpacks that require 5pin and/or male connections.  I've scoured the web but am having trouble finding a retailer.  Can anyone recommend a website that might have them?
FSOUND - SF BAY AREA PRO AUDIO RENTALS & STAFFING

Jordan Wolf

Re: 4 pin to 5 pin male & female in line com headset adapters?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »

Hello,

I just bought a personal lightweight telex ph-88 com headset.  I want to have the option to use it for beltpacks that require 5pin and/or male connections.  I've scoured the web but am having trouble finding a retailer.  Can anyone recommend a website that might have them?
Brian,

What type of connection do you currently have on the headset cable?  XLR4(m)?

ToolsForStagecraft has a bunch of adapters, but they terminate to a TAF connector that they put on the headsets they sell.

Peter Erskine, Tim, or Mac might be good people to ask about comms wiring.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »

Hello,

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jimirayo/adapts1.htm

Just got this from our friends at google, so I can't comment on how good these are.  Personally, I just make my own....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »

Hello,

AFAIK no one makes those adapters, you have to roll your own. For a 4 pin to 4 pin it is wired one to one, for a 4 pin to 5 pin wire 1-4 to 1-4 and leave 5 off. You can try wiring 4 and5 together, but I have had an adapter like that take down the whole comm system.

Mac

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 12:41:46 PM »

Hello,

Don't mean to swerve your topic, but I was just about to post a new thread about Clear-Com line dryers. I found the JimiRayo offering for $29 along with the more commercial PSC FPSC0010H Line Drying Adapter Barrel for $36.

Are there any other options I should be considering? The JimiRayo price is good, but that box looks pretty clunky compared to a barrel. Does anyone have a schematic that works for rolling your own? I'd like to make a few of these and need them kinda fast (jimirayo doesn't say much about shipping quickly, might have to give them a call).

Thanks everyone!

Ade Stuart

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »

http://bestaudio.com/_private/downloads/Audio_only_adapter.pdf

Don't mean to swerve your topic, but I was just about to post a new thread about Clear-Com line dryers. I found the JimiRayo offering for $29 along with the more commercial PSC FPSC0010H Line Drying Adapter Barrel for $36.

Are there any other options I should be considering? The JimiRayo price is good, but that box looks pretty clunky compared to a barrel. Does anyone have a schematic that works for rolling your own? I'd like to make a few of these and need them kinda fast (jimirayo doesn't say much about shipping quickly, might have to give them a call).

Thanks everyone!

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »

Just got this from our friends at google, so I can't comment on how good these are.  Personally, I just make my own....

Thanks Brian.  For those who cant make them, this was a good source.
http://home.roadrunner.com/~jimirayo/adapts1.htm

Here is another
http://www.sunsetwestproductions.com/dhna4mm.htm

And here is a headset supplier which terminate in T connectors with a bunch of adapters
http://www.toolsforstagecraft.com/n306.htm

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »

Ade,
 Thanks for the PDF, really appreciate it!

You might want to thank Pete, who posted right above you in this thread, those are his download pages.

Mac

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

You might want to thank Pete, who posted right above you in this thread, those are his download pages.

Mac

Thanks Mac, I totally missed the www.bestaudio.com in Pete's signature line. Hopefully Pete, you are ok with the file being shared? It is greatly appreciated info, but if you did not intend for it to be shared, I will be sure to delete it from my computer. I just noticed the (_private) in the link, I don't want to be using anyone's work without their consent.

Thanks again for the head's up Mac.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.