ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundweb London  (Read 3365 times)

Pat ONeill

Soundweb London
« on: August 18, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »

Greetings.

Am in the middle of an auditorium/lecture hall install, and the specified processing is Soundweb London Blu100, BluBOB output expander, and Blu10 remote touchpad/control. Am curious if any here have experience with this system.  AT FIRST GLANCE....the programimng software doesnt seem intuitive to me...perhaps I'm just slow. :o
   Have many questions as to how best to achieve the desired results but as this processing system is new (to me!), am looking to take some slope OUT of the learning curve.
   Anyone who's dealt with this and can offer pointers, I'd sure appreciate it ALOT!  OH...did I mention the time-crunch I was just informed of??

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Soundweb London
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:34:20 PM »

Have you looked into BSS website? They have quite a lot of downloadable training modules available to get you rolling into the basics.  They also strongly suggest their in person training's if you are going to be using this equipment often.  Are you putting this gear in?  Whenever I put this gear in a system, I really don't want the customer to be changing the inner workings.  This will void the system warranty as you can really mess things up if you don't know what you are doing.  Any functionality the customer may want can be brought out to custom control panels or wall plates, and limits can be see on how much adjustment can be done.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »

It's impossible to address "how to best achieve the desired results" without a good idea of the system, any processing defined and the desired results.  But since you need to have a reasonable idea of what programming is expected and what effort that represents in order to accurately bid a job, after you get the job and in the middle of the install does not seem to be the time to start thinking about this.

There are related classes and online training resources and BSS tech support is very good, but since you mentioned that the Soundweb London was specified, when I spec programmable DSP I typically provide at least a general concept for the DSP programming and in some cases specify that I will provide an initial programming file.  To help protect my Client I also specify that the programmer be manufacturer certified.  Have you gone through the design documents to see if any such information or requirements are identified?

In my experience, the 'drag and drop' and virtual wire audio processing programming for London Architect is very similar to most other open architecture matrix DSP devices, however the control and logic aspects can be rather confusing.

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »

First (and only) time I installed London Blu16, I had to sit down and go through training modules which they had thoughtfully provided on CD-ROM with the product.

Greetings.

Am in the middle of an auditorium/lecture hall install, and the specified processing is Soundweb London Blu100, BluBOB output expander, and Blu10 remote touchpad/control. Am curious if any here have experience with this system.  AT FIRST GLANCE....the programimng software doesnt seem intuitive to me...perhaps I'm just slow. :o
   Have many questions as to how best to achieve the desired results but as this processing system is new (to me!), am looking to take some slope OUT of the learning curve.
   Anyone who's dealt with this and can offer pointers, I'd sure appreciate it ALOT!  OH...did I mention the time-crunch I was just informed of??
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »

First (and only) time I installed London Blu16, I had to sit down and go through training modules which they had thoughtfully provided on CD-ROM with the product.

If you can swing it, the onsite classes at Harmon in Sandy, UT are worth the trip.  And if I recall, that's all you had to pay for- just get yourself there and they take really good care of you.  The online training modules will probably get you most of the way there, but some one on one training is invaluable for certain situations.
This space for rent

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.