ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best all around LED under $250.  (Read 5035 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Best all around LED under $250.
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

I am looking at replacing my 4 ‘36x 1w RGBAW LED’ par can lights with some new lights (aka: lighter) with same or slightly better brightness. Having the Amber/White was nice feature, but I don’t use it often and I can do without it.

I mainly work with bands on a stage that averages 24’x18’, I place a trees on each of the front corner of the stage and point the lights on the band members. However, 2-5 times a year I do supply up lighting for weddings. There are 6 lights that have sparked my interested; I have a tight budget of $2000 for 8-10 lights. If I stay at the $200 mark, I am able to buy 10 LED (8 for the tree and then 2 on the ground pointing up at the band). However if I step it up to $250 per light, I’ll only be able to purchase 8 lights (2 set-s of trees).

For >$200, I am looking at (in order): Chauvet SlimPar Tri 7 IRC, Blizzard Puck 3NX and then American DJ Flat Par Tri7X

But I might be able to stretch my budget to the $250 range; things get a little more interesting. Blizzard Puck Q6A/Q6W look promising with the 6x 10w quad; as it has an Extra LED and twice the power over the ADJ FlatPar QA5/QWH5. But then the Chauvet SlimPar Tri 12 IRC has twice the number of LEDs.

But a year ago I ordered some Quad LED and hated them because they flickered between light changes, see Vid: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUxxqbE0WK4

Oh my what to do?
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Kurt Kromroy

Re: Best all around LED under $250.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 08:19:46 PM »

I have 10 of he adj tri 7's and have been very happy with them. Built like tanks and are extremely bright

I am looking at replacing my 4 ‘36x 1w RGBAW LED’ par can lights with some new lights (aka: lighter) with same or slightly better brightness. Having the Amber/White was nice feature, but I don’t use it often and I can do without it.

I mainly work with bands on a stage that averages 24’x18’, I place a trees on each of the front corner of the stage and point the lights on the band members. However, 2-5 times a year I do supply up lighting for weddings. There are 6 lights that have sparked my interested; I have a tight budget of $2000 for 8-10 lights. If I stay at the $200 mark, I am able to buy 10 LED (8 for the tree and then 2 on the ground pointing up at the band). However if I step it up to $250 per light, I’ll only be able to purchase 8 lights (2 set-s of trees).

For >$200, I am looking at (in order): Chauvet SlimPar Tri 7 IRC, Blizzard Puck 3NX and then American DJ Flat Par Tri7X

But I might be able to stretch my budget to the $250 range; things get a little more interesting. Blizzard Puck Q6A/Q6W look promising with the 6x 10w quad; as it has an Extra LED and twice the power over the ADJ FlatPar QA5/QWH5. But then the Chauvet SlimPar Tri 12 IRC has twice the number of LEDs.

But a year ago I ordered some Quad LED and hated them because they flickered between light changes, see Vid: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUxxqbE0WK4

Oh my what to do?

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:59:48 AM »

If you go Blizzard, you can get the Q12W for 229.97.
The "W" is WAY brighter than the "A" on whites, so you want the W
That's "if"you go with Blizzard. 

Lot of options in lighting these days.
Every 3 months, there's a new set of products coming out!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »

So, Matt, what did you choose?
and why?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

So, Matt, what did you choose?
and why?

I haven't choosen anything just yet... still trying to grow the budget.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.