ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: making a pruchase  (Read 15760 times)

Jason Huntoon

making a pruchase
« on: May 28, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

After another gig with faulty equipment we are making a purchase.  We have top of the mark 2000 to spend.  We often play for 350-450 people.  Guitar, Bass, keys and 5 vocals... shoot!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: making a pruchase
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

After another gig with faulty equipment we are making a purchase.  We have top of the mark 2000 to spend.  We often play for 350-450 people.  Guitar, Bass, keys and 5 vocals... shoot!
I would recommend Beef Brisket, cole slaw, and corn on the cob for everyone. I think you will find that this will greatly improve your event.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:12 PM »

I would recommend Beef Brisket, cole slaw, and corn on the cob for everyone. I think you will find that this will greatly improve your event.

Yummy.  Count me in.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

I'm good with the Brisket, maybe the cole slaw but the corn kills my low card diet  :P

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

Lottery tickets......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »

I suggest using a better tap on the keg.  Plus maybe add some ice next time.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: making a purchase
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »

Before you actually buy anything, and before you ask other people for recommendations you need to define what you are trying to accomplish.

You need to decide what parts of your current system can still be use, and how much of the band you need to put through the PA.

Once you have decided these things I'm sure people will know how to answer your question.

Mac
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:17:24 PM by Mac Kerr »

Lance Richens

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »

Condoms. Condoms for all!!!!
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »

Before you actually buy anything, and before you ask other people for recommendations you need to define what you are trying to accomplish.

You need to decide what parts of your current system can still be use, and how much of the band you need to put through the PA.

Once you have decided these things I'm sure people will know how to answer your question.

Mac

Mac,

You just killed the picnic!

Jason Huntoon

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »

Mac
There are times when we need the whole band (for drums most likely just the kick) through the pa.  For the most part we try to just use the pa for vocals but we do play to some larger crowds.  Our existing system (with the exception) of our mics is shit.  We may use the speakers for monitors and have a monitor amp... we need FOH. speakers (powered or amp) mixing board, sub?  all for under 2 grand that will not quit while we are playing (happens all the time with our Berin... piece of shit

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.