ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Board and Mics for percussionist  (Read 3098 times)

Aaron Bott

Board and Mics for percussionist
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »

Hey guys,
For some of our events we do, we provide a DJ and percussionist while running sound and lighting for the event. We just recently started utilizing a percussionist and he wants to go ahead and get his own mic kit to start recording along with a board that will support about 7-9 mics. He wants something a high quality but along the specs of the Behringer UB2442FX-PRO. I was thinking something like the Mackie 1642 VLZ3. Trying to stay within a reasonable budget but not sub-par. As for mics, I was looking to get a kit to support 2 high toms, a floor tom, a snare, about 8 cymbals, and potentially a kick.

What board and mics would you all recommend for this application?

As for the connections, he will be running it all in a Gator 10x4 case I have, and then get a 10 XLR in, 2 XLR out patch panel fabricated along with Furman power conditioner, and 2U foam lined drawer to house the mics. Thanks guys!
Aaron Bott
Untouchable Productions

Please excuse any typos, abbreviations, or brevity as I frequently utilize my iPad to access PSW.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Board and Mics for percussionist
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »

Hey guys,
For some of our events we do, we provide a DJ and percussionist while running sound and lighting for the event. We just recently started utilizing a percussionist and he wants to go ahead and get his own mic kit to start recording along with a board that will support about 7-9 mics. He wants something a high quality but along the specs of the Behringer UB2442FX-PRO. I was thinking something like the Mackie 1642 VLZ3. Trying to stay within a reasonable budget but not sub-par. As for mics, I was looking to get a kit to support 2 high toms, a floor tom, a snare, about 8 cymbals, and potentially a kick.

What board and mics would you all recommend for this application?

As for the connections, he will be running it all in a Gator 10x4 case I have, and then get a 10 XLR in, 2 XLR out patch panel fabricated along with Furman power conditioner, and 2U foam lined drawer to house the mics. Thanks guys!

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=62

Add mics of your choice......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »

mics: Audix DP7 kit.  Throw away the I5 and get a D1 for snare. Add one more condenser for a total of 3.

Feed into a Soundcraft LX7II-16, add gates/comps on kick snare and toms or go with a small digital board and you are set.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.