ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New posting policy: no politics, religion, social moments, or anything critical of the owners  (Read 5552 times)

Tim McCulloch

Subject line says it all, and I fully expect to see this gone by noon CST.
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Clarke LaPlante

• http://www.clarkelaplante.com

Wow.  They really pulled Evan and Dave's posts because we're pissed off about the new forum fuck up?  I call shenanigans.

Add me to the list of those that won't be sticking around.  

-C
"Friends don't let friends mix monitors."
My slice of the www.

Silas Pradetto

There were many dedicated, experienced, and industry-leading sound people on here that were just trying to help the owners out.

When the owners decide that the opinions of the users don't matter, and they just delete them, it's like a slap in the face.

Add me to the list, also.

PS- I'm considering starting my own sound forum, for free with no advertisements.

PPS- PSW could easily exist without advertisements if most of the members donated $1 per year. With the recent developments, I doubt many here would be willing to donate two cents.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums

Clarke LaPlante wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 12:04

Wow.  They really pulled Evan and Dave's posts because we're pissed off about the new forum fuck up?  I call shenanigans.

-C

Those threads were pulled because they were full of personal attacks on the people trying to make this transition work.

If anyone thinks they need to personally attack anyone else working on this transition, be aware that your thread will also be pulled.

There is a comments forum at the new PSW where you can ask for features, or make other comments, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Nothing in recent history has lowered the professional standing of these forums more than those threads that were deleted.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

I'm not interested in starting or contributing to something that competes with PSW.  That's not my intention, and I don't advocate that people do so or promote such things here.

I'm registered on the new forums and foresee my participation limited to PM only.  Why?  Because EH Pub *did* slap us, the content providers.  I intend to provide as little content in the future as I can.

My prediction (I bought one of the new-fangled Digital Crystal Ball things, but had to install an outdoor antenna, go figure)... is that the next "transfer" of the PSW forums will be to blogs and social media.  The Crystal Ball is very clear.

While the CB doesn't say why, I can tell you that squeezing a profit (or just breaking even) on this type of site is difficult... so difficult that I doubt the forums have ever fully paid their way.  Moving the stuff that doesn't generate income to the blogisphere or social media puts all the hosting and data transfer costs onto someone else who sells ads.  This move will reduce the main PSW pages to regurgitation of press releases and the occasional "article" by someone you've never heard of.  At that point PSW will be pointless, useless, and cease to exist as an online venture.

Or I could have the damn antenna pointed the wrong way.  We'll see.

Time to dig out the tye-dyes and play some Grateful Dead.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Tim McCulloch

Mac Kerr wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 11:32

-C

Those threads were pulled because they were full of personal attacks on the people trying to make this transition work.

If anyone thinks they need to personally attack anyone else working on this transition, be aware that your thread will also be pulled.

There is a comments forum at the new PSW where you can ask for features, or make other comments, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Nothing in recent history has lowered the professional standing of these forums more than those threads that were deleted.

Mac

While I agree that the posts were not professional (or got that way quickly), I also assert the treatment of the contributors here was less than accommodating.

Oh well, it is what it is.  As consumers/contributors, we have limited options and I intend to make adjustments accordingly.

Thanks for your moderation, Mac, and to Dave & Craig as well.

See you down the road.

Tim Mc

Bob Leonard

Mac Kerr wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 12:32

-C

Mac

Well put Mac.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no

Mac Kerr wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 18:32

Mac

Mac.

As much as I'm trying to agree with you and as much as I understand that this is a difficult situation for all that work for the forums, I can't help but think that the fact that you are directed here:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php#c1

When you go to www.prosoundweb.com and click "forums", isn't helping the professional standing, either

I mean, at least let new forum-seekers get to this forum while the other one is a construction site.  That new place isn't very much a professional place, either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.