ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear One  (Read 3611 times)

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
Clear One
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »

Is anybody here familiar with Clear One products, particularly the XAP 800 DSP? In NYC would be a plus.

Thanks!
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

Matt Tudor

Re: Clear One
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

Paul Bell wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 13:53

Is anybody here familiar with Clear One products, particularly the XAP 800 DSP? In NYC would be a plus.

Thanks!

Sort of. We've got a Gentner xap800 installed in one of our conference rooms here on campus. It's my understanding that ClearOne bought the Gentner product line a few years after the xap series came out, but continued selling the units under the Clearone name for a couple years. Other than one glitch, it's actually been a pretty trouble free install so I haven't spent much time with it, but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Brent Handy

• http://www.projectdamagecontrol.com/ha_recording.htm
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:17:30 PM »

It's true they killed off the Getner name.  We have been installing Converge 880s and 8s and haave had three out of four units have issues.  We have replaced three of the four.  Their CS is responsive, I will give them that, but they almost force us to stock these things.  Power users cannot have down-time.

ben carson

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:45:52 PM »

I have installed Clear One products without issues.  Actually used the 1212 with great success as a standalone audio matrix for a hotel - easier to program than peavey digitools and a lot cheaper. called up clear one presets via rti, worked great.
no experience with xap yet, though interact at worked good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.