ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same Hall Same Reverb  (Read 2563 times)

Whit Hutchinson

Same Hall Same Reverb
« on: February 07, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »

Tonight we set up this same hall as I posted about last year almost (    http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/305423/0/?srch=T ears+for+Fears#msg_305423).

I took most of you guy's advice and now the system in the clip consists of 16  CV T-36s and 4 KF 850 Center flown.   I did the center rig since a lot of you guys let me know that the 3 850s per side was too much per side in horizontal coverage for the cinder block bldg.  

I feel that the reverb is a little bit under control for now.  The 850s are definitely overkill for the application but the group requires some serious bass.   I like to have them to keep up and not have to push them too hard.

The system in the clip is:

16 CV T-36 powered by 4x Macrotech 5000s
4 KF 850  center flown over the stage.  Powered the same as the previous post.

Mics in the clip are AKG condenser (of some sort.  again they don't belong to me and will be used for the live video).  

Do you guys feel that the reverb in this room is under better under control compared to last year?  There are now  2 curtains down both sides of the hall  but nothing against the back wall.  In the clip you can hear some slapback.  Also you can hear some pumping but again,  I ran it up to "war volume" just to listen.  The system is touching clip on the LF on the 850s and Subs with each LF crest.

The over exaggerated bass is fairly accurate to my ear that you hear.  You can clearly hear the transients being squashed.  The couple of pops are the MF on the DR 260 I think but I cant get it to do it all the time.  

https://home.comcast.net/~whutchinson505/OBK.mp3

*Edit
My only regrets with using this gear year after year is that it dose not have much "punch".  It does well for R&B that just need a bunch of low humm and clarity though.   The rig is more than 10 years old now and I don't expect much.  The mics are set up in stereo at mix position.
I have learned in my life:

-Pretty girls don't stay single long
- KF 850s  over SB 1000s per side was designed to be a percussion instrument rather than a "soundpretty thing".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.