ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fx Gear  (Read 3062 times)

Luther Fairley

Fx Gear
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:16:38 AM »

Has anyone ever used tc's M-oneXl or the D-two if so give me your take on either 1 of those units and take on price include as well?
Thank you

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Fx Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »

That is a perfectly acceptable pair of effects in my world, and are extremely common around here in 300-800 seat theaters.

I know just what I want from them so it doesn't usually take me long to dial them in.

I am not sure what you are asking about the price, but I would guess that they are considered a good deal in their price range because so many places have them.

edit- just noticed where this was posted. my opinion is probably better considered for a higher level Lounge rig, or a lower level Lab rig.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:56:33 AM by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Luther Fairley

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »

Thanks...........Wtf

Greg Hershey

• York, PA
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »

Nice units and you can get them used for a good price.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »

I use the M-One XL.  I did quite a bit of research when I purchased it several years ago.  For live sound (in the ~4-500 price range), I don't think you can touch it.  It is close to much more expensive units in quality at a much lower price.

The Lexicon 550 is the closest competitor, but it is no where near as warm or versatile in my experience.

I have friends that have done more recent comparisons who assure me that the M-One XL is still unbeatable in that price range.

You can pick one up used for ~270-320 (ebay has several at this price range right now).

Since the M-One XL has both reverb and delay, I haven't needed the D-Two delay; however, I know some people that prefer to use the entire reverb engine without any delay and use the delay as a separate unit for better sound (I don't believe it is possible to hear the difference live IMHO).

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »

I have the M-One and really like it. What do you mean by wtf though?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »

The M1 and later the M1XL can be found in most rigs of any size it seems. I carry both in mine and have been happy for many years, MOST of the time. In the price range I don't think there is a better reverb. If you're willing to spend more though the M2 or 3000 is the way to go.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »

What I don't like about the M1s is that the two engines' presets have to be stored and recalled as a pair (unless I was missing something - TC manuals suck).  You can get a used M2000 for $400, and its engines can be saved and recalled independently.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 22 queries.