ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More woes of the Forum changeover  (Read 3617 times)

Leigh Downes

More woes of the Forum changeover
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

Is there any indication about what might happen the PM feature and the Buddy List from the old forums?  I have saved PM strings I would not like to lose, and some of my Buddies met through the PSW I can only contact through these features.  I know I should get their other contact info, but in one case he's on tour and there's no saying whether we'll talk again before the change-over in final. 

I assume the requirement to re-register (and therefore lose all your old post info) was a way to "clean the closet" of non-participating user names, but it will lead to some folks coming back to find they've lost contacts and info. 

Will the old Forums' accounts still be accessible? 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: More woes of the Forum changeover
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »

Is there any indication about what might happen the PM feature and the Buddy List from the old forums?  I have saved PM strings I would not like to lose, and some of my Buddies met through the PSW I can only contact through these features.  I know I should get their other contact info, but in one case he's on tour and there's no saying whether we'll talk again before the change-over in final. 

I assume the requirement to re-register (and therefore lose all your old post info) was a way to "clean the closet" of non-participating user names, but it will lead to some folks coming back to find they've lost contacts and info. 

Will the old Forums' accounts still be accessible?

You need to save your PMs, and get as much contact info as you can into an actual contact manager. The old posts in the PSW forums will be contained in an archive, but there will not be user accounts. The requirement to reregister was not about cleaning the closet, although it will have that effect. It is because the 3 separate registration databases from the SR forums, the Church and HOW forums, the R/E/P forums, with some cross registrations could not be ported to the new software.

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »

Mac, is there any possibility of some kind of PM download module for the old forum? It would be useful to be able to just download our PMs directly into say a .pdf without having to copy and paste each message into a word file.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »

Mac, is there any possibility of some kind of PM download module for the old forum? It would be useful to be able to just download our PMs directly into say a .pdf without having to copy and paste each message into a word file.

There is a pdf module, but it does not do PMs. It will let you make a pdf of messages or topics in the forums, but not PMs. Making pdfs of messages and topics is easier today with the tools already in your OS, just print to pdf. Unfortunately there is no way to display more than 1 PM at a time. Read through them as save the ones that might actually be valuable in the future. I have 20 pages of inbox, I probably don't need any of them, although they are interesting (to me) for their historical value, ie what I was doing in the forums at any point in time.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.