ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats new in sanctuary lighting?  (Read 2603 times)

Rain Jaudon

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
Whats new in sanctuary lighting?
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:13:53 am »

I've been involved in audio, video and lighting in one form or another for the past 25 years but only in the past 3 have I started it as a full time job.

Whats new with sanctuary lighting?  (reading up on LED fixtures lately and its giving me a headache - I gotta see it in person for it to click in my pocketbook)

80% of my install clients do not require lighting but the other 20% range from full theatrical to simple traditional..
The last one was given a standard Rock n Roll light system (ala 1979). 24 pars with 500 watt lamps in wide and narrow. and 4 ellipsoidals for features.
Lots of trouble to install.  TONS of heat. Pain to replace bulbs., etc etc etc

I have an install coming up in a month that will be in a traditional Baptist Church.  I have a beam centered/crossing 30 feet above the stage and another about 20' out over the congregation. (beams are 20' apart... beam is physically about 10-15' beyond the pulpit)

Will LED pars throw effectively from 30' above?

Client wants general wash with a few feature lights (pulpit, piano, soloist, etc).
Client has no easy means of changing out bulbs or gels - pews may prevent scaffolding in the future.

Someone toss me some ideas please -
Thanks
Rain
Multitude Audio
Logged
Endorsing Artist for CA Guitars - Lafayette, LA
http://www.CAguitars.com

"Legacy AE model with Vintage Voicing"

Rain Jaudon

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
Re: Whats new in sanctuary lighting?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:16 pm »

bump
Logged
Endorsing Artist for CA Guitars - Lafayette, LA
http://www.CAguitars.com

"Legacy AE model with Vintage Voicing"

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Whats new in sanctuary lighting?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:16 pm »


Pages: [1]   Go Up
 



Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.