ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Community VHF100 Drivers  (Read 1727 times)

Pierre Foster

Community VHF100 Drivers
« on: May 21, 2024, 09:18:41 PM »

Hey guys it's been a while but I know this is the best place to start my search.

I'm looking for a few Community VHF100 drivers or advice on a suitable replacement. I know the latter is easier said than done but I have to replace 4 of these units and the last time I needed to do this was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure where to even start now.

Hoping someone may have some spares laying around they wouldn't mind parting with.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Community VHF100 Drivers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 09:19:59 AM »

Hey guys it's been a while but I know this is the best place to start my search.

I'm looking for a few Community VHF100 drivers or advice on a suitable replacement. I know the latter is easier said than done but I have to replace 4 of these units and the last time I needed to do this was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure where to even start now.

Hoping someone may have some spares laying around they wouldn't mind parting with.

BiAmp owns Community now, and I *think* they're still using the VHF100 or it's most recent derivative in current products.  Have you checked with their parts dept?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

George Reiswig

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 01:40:48 PM »

I was working in a small music store in the late 80's or early 90's and we started carrying Community cabinets. They sounded great compared to what we'd been using. I remember having to open one up to service something, though, and the crossover had a transformer core made of nails. Literally nails. Varnished together, then with wire wound around them. Nails.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 03:52:50 PM »

I was working in a small music store in the late 80's or early 90's and we started carrying Community cabinets. They sounded great compared to what we'd been using. I remember having to open one up to service something, though, and the crossover had a transformer core made of nails. Literally nails. Varnished together, then with wire wound around them. Nails.

My experience with Community goes back to the 1980s, but I was buying mostly horns rather that systems.  Hey, I knew everything - how did I forget so much? ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 04:29:13 PM »

Never seen that, but hey...if it worked.

We use a decent amount of Community for installations (which is pretty much all they make now). Always sounds good, is well built, and handles abuse well.

To the OP, their parts people are good and we've never had issues obtaining oddball pieces, even for some of the older SLS series that's still kicking around.

Frank Czar

• Website
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 09:09:30 AM »

If you have no luck with Community parts dept. i know that the 1" hf in the XLT series was an Eminence. I can't recall if that was the VHF 100 or not. I'm with Tim on this, there was a time I knew every model Community made lol
Frank Czar
Concert Works
Daytona Beach FL. & US Virgin Islands
www.concertworksvi.com

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 08:14:06 PM »

If you have no luck with Community parts dept. i know that the 1" hf in the XLT series was an Eminence. I can't recall if that was the VHF 100 or not. I'm with Tim on this, there was a time I knew every model Community made lol

Following! I need a few, I have a bunch of sls that need love. I bought some Faital replacement based on recommendations from community and they do not fit without modifying the brackets.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 03:21:02 AM »

Following! I need a few, I have a bunch of sls that need love. I bought some Faital replacement based on recommendations from community and they do not fit without modifying the brackets.
Do you have baskets?  If so our speaker shop can bring them back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Pierre Foster

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 04:20:53 AM »

BiAmp owns Community now, and I *think* they're still using the VHF100 or it's most recent derivative in current products.  Have you checked with their parts dept?

Hey Tim, I have reached out to BiAmp but no response as yet, I may try to give them a call after the holiday.

doug johnson2

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 11:23:43 AM »

It is my understanding that most of Community's high frequencies drivers used Eminence diaphragms.  I do believe that Community reworked many in some way so, they weren't "off the shelf".  The stock Eminence's would fit and work but, would not necessarily preform or sound the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 11:23:43 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.