ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headset compatable with hearing aids  (Read 309 times)

Rick Earl

Headset compatable with hearing aids
« on: May 05, 2024, 09:54:39 PM »

We have a standard analog clear-com system in a campus theater.  There is a performing arts student with hearing aids that cannot use a standard headset to hear the intercom, and this is preventing them from being able to do certain jobs related to their major.   I do not know  their specific hearing interface yet, other than their phone connect directly to their hearing aids.  Does anyone know of any product or solution that I might start looking at?  JK Audio used to have a Bluetooth device, but I cannot find it any longer.  Buying a Freespeak or Eclipse system is not really and option.   I have a meeting with them next week, so hope to find out more before the school year ends so we might be able to find a solution before school starts back in the fall.   Hopefully we can find a solution that they can use with multiple systems to open up opportunities for future employment.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Headset compatable with hearing aids
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 09:21:55 AM »

The Clearcom LQ-2W2 will put a 2-wire partyline com system onto your LAN, and you can then use iOS or Android app on the user's phone. Not cheap, but also opens you up to allowing more than just that one user use their phone for com systems. But this is more of an 'in-house' solution, not so portable.

https://www.clearcom.com/Products/Products-By-Name/LQ-Series
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 09:30:20 AM by Jonathan Kok »

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 10:08:30 AM »

. . . JK Audio used to have a Bluetooth device, but I cannot find it any longer.

https://www.jkaudio.com/blueset.htm
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Rick Earl

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 10:50:35 AM »

https://www.jkaudio.com/blueset.htm

Thanks, I should have re-checked - looks like they are built to order, according to the dealers, but I think we have enough lead time.

Rick Earl

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 08:17:25 PM »

Thanks, I should have re-checked - looks like they are built to order, according to the dealers, but I think we have enough lead time.

This from JK Audio:

We had to discontinue the BlueSet due to a shortage of obsolete parts.
However, we were recently able to source some at a very high cost.
Due to the demand we are making a limited run at a higher cost.
Trew Audio is our only dealer who has listed them on their website, although they are available to all of our dealers.

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 09:24:21 PM »

What about the hearing aids is making a standard headset not usable?  If it's the size of a "behind the ear" style unit, a larger headset like a Beyer DT108 or DT109 may be worth a look.

Rick Earl

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 12:05:58 PM »

What about the hearing aids is making a standard headset not usable?  If it's the size of a "behind the ear" style unit, a larger headset like a Beyer DT108 or DT109 may be worth a look.
They have issues with any type of headset, even with general listening, we tried different headphones just to see if they could hear.  The hearing aids and headphones were not designed for that situation.  The equivalent to us might be putting a mic in front of a PA and rebroadcasting it for an audience.  I think the results would be sub-par.   Right now they have the ability to use Bluetooth, or FM transmitter.  The FM system that is compatible, however is for teachers or meetings and has a mic built it, nothing with a line input.   At the moment, I think the JK Audio BlueSet will the best, easiest to intigrate solution. There is probably something else out there, but I have not found it yet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 12:05:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.