ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV teasing something new  (Read 900 times)

Nate Zifra

EV teasing something new
« on: February 23, 2024, 09:01:55 AM »

FYI,

EV posted on their social media accounts a graphic that says "The Real Deal is coming soon" with a blurred image of what looks to be a point source speaker

With added text "A big drop is incoming.  We're bringing you the best performance, features, and connectivity on 2.29.24."

Nate Zifra

Re: EV teasing something new
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 12:01:10 PM »

Looks like a refresh (Gen 2) of ZLX

https://products.electrovoice.com/na/en/zlx-portable-loudspeakers/?utm_source=ev&utm_medium=homepage-banner

FYI,

EV posted on their social media accounts a graphic that says "The Real Deal is coming soon" with a blurred image of what looks to be a point source speaker

With added text "A big drop is incoming.  We're bringing you the best performance, features, and connectivity on 2.29.24."

Thomas Le

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:27 PM »

Alot of people on EV facebook page are up in arms about this update. They're complaining about "EV isn't innovating" etc. etc., some are being specific on wanting a more powerful evolve model.

Nate Zifra

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 09:55:22 AM »

I think, whether intentional or not, the hype and teasing was a little over top, which is why disappointment is the initial reaction.  Objectively, it appears they have packed a lot of functionality into an entry level speaker, and kept the cost point in line with the previous generation.  Over the past couple years, they've done a great job with their Evolve line, and arguably their battery powered Everse line as well. I'm curious if they'll try to compete on the entry level Line Array arena (SRX, L Class) in the future.

I'll always have a soft spot for EV, they were the very first speakers I owned back in the day.

Alot of people on EV facebook page are up in arms about this update. They're complaining about "EV isn't innovating" etc. etc., some are being specific on wanting a more powerful evolve model.

Kelly Mcguire

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 10:50:00 AM »

People are complaining online? Such a surprise  8)

Seems like they have put in some nice additions. Was there a ZLX8 before?
Additional monitor angles are nice. Extra handles always good. Says more output and “premium” components inside. I didn’t see if there are two stand mounting angles, I really love that in my QSC and DXR.
More fancy DSP with meters scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t but at this price point… I’m not the target buyer however. I use the delay feature in K.2 all the time but little else. I suppose more stuff in the speakers means a simpler mixer upstream.
Oh, that's what you were going for...

Bob Stone

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 02:17:31 PM »

Additional monitor angles are nice. Extra handles always good. Says more output and “premium” components inside. I didn’t see if there are two stand mounting angles, I really love that in my QSC and DXR.
More fancy DSP with meters scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t but at this price point… I’m not the target buyer however. I use the delay feature in K.2 all the time but little else. I suppose more stuff in the speakers means a simpler mixer upstream.

I've used the EQ on my K.2's to ring out the box slightly when using a mic plugged in directly for simple public address purposes...so they're handy to have at times, not for system eq as much as when you're not deploying anything else but the box. Agreed the delays are handy, so easy to throw K.2's up for delay speakers.

Thomas Le

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 05:33:17 PM »

It gained a tilt back but lost a side wedge angle if someone wanted the HF portion to be closer due to the amp module occupying the side now. The amp module looks like from the everse live, so I guess now the everse line is basically the battery version of the zlx gen 2.

I'm indifferent to EV since I am a JBL/Yamaha house but competition is good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 05:33:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.