ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PK Sound - Robotic Multi-axis Line Array? Whoa…  (Read 2284 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Re: PK Sound - Robotic Multi-axis Line Array? Whoa…
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2024, 04:32:03 PM »

If somebody took this technology and adapted it for use on Point Source as well it would be awesome in places where fill is needed to compliment the arrays.  In fixed installs for multi-purpose rooms it would be dandy.  As well for touring applications.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2024, 07:17:58 PM »

It was Sound Associates for the National tour of the Billy Joel musical, "Movin Out". I don't remember what generation of Meyer LA it was, maybe Mica.

Welp, I was wrong then. I wonder if PK bought the patents off of Sound Associates?

(FWIW, according to this post from the archive, it was M2D; Mica didn't come out until about a year after the FLEXArray had already been in the field. For the sake of interest, here is the original, rather sparse, article from the Wayback Machine.)

-Russ

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2024, 08:48:09 PM »

Welp, I was wrong then. I wonder if PK bought the patents off of Sound Associates?

(FWIW, according to this post from the archive, it was M2D; Mica didn't come out until about a year after the FLEXArray had already been in the field. For the sake of interest, here is the original, rather sparse, article from the Wayback Machine.)

-Russ

Now I'm abashed that I didn't remember that since Peter Fitz has be a friend for 48 years and Domonic Sack for more than 35.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2024, 08:48:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.