ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What in Tar-nation is this?  (Read 1949 times)

Douglas R. Allen

What in Tar-nation is this?
« on: January 09, 2024, 07:39:56 PM »

It's an M32, no wait an Allen&Heath, no maybe a Yamaha. Well, something different anyway.

Desk

Douglas R. Allen

More of what they offer here.  others
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:42:46 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Landon Lewsaw

Re: What in Tar-nation is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 08:37:38 PM »

Looks mighty impressive, and it's half the price of an x32!  I hear they're the top selling sound manufacturer in North Korea.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 10:53:11 PM »

Looks mighty impressive, and it's half the price of an x32!  I hear they're the top selling sound manufacturer in North Korea.
Isn't that the place where the exalted leader was recently shown with 5 mics, just to be sure they could hear him in the back of the room ? ;D
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 11:44:37 PM »

Appears to be made in Guangzhau, China.  I'd expect Dear Leader to insist on in-country fabrication.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 12:25:50 AM »

It's not a horrible LOOKING console.  Whether it's decent and reliable, well, I don't feel like dropping a grand to find out.
Brian Jojade

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 01:13:38 PM »

Arren and Heather? ::) Sorry.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 04:30:18 PM »

My buddy Andy recently bought a StreamDeck copy from AliBaba

Good news: It was cheap and it arrived

Bad news: All the software is in Chinese

Now devil's advocate it has to be frustrating to all the audio folks in non English speaking countries that so much of the Pro Gear has all the software and docs in English. So maybe having the shoe on the other foot is fair play.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 05:53:32 PM »

Reading one of the heavily political social media sites a couple of months ago I came across a photo labeled as being of a wall calendar in a Gaza hospital that was then under attack. I responded asking why the calendar was in English despite the doctors being described as European and the hospital staff Palestinian and several people including a number of non-Americans replied that English is more of a lingua franca than even I knew after several trips to Europe. So much that even in a high pressure environment like a hospital in a war zone English is that language that enough of the right people understand to accomplish the task at hand.

Now the Chinese with three times the number of Chinese speakers as the total of native English speakers in the world, yes, they I suspect they're pissed.  Does anyone complain about using Arabic numbers ?

Now devil's advocate it has to be frustrating to all the audio folks in non English speaking countries that so much of the Pro Gear has all the software and docs in English. So maybe having the shoe on the other foot is fair play.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 07:58:23 PM »

Reading one of the heavily political social media sites a couple of months ago I came across a photo labeled as being of a wall calendar in a Gaza hospital that was then under attack. I responded asking why the calendar was in English despite the doctors being described as European and the hospital staff Palestinian and several people including a number of non-Americans replied that English is more of a lingua franca than even I knew after several trips to Europe. So much that even in a high pressure environment like a hospital in a war zone English is that language that enough of the right people understand to accomplish the task at hand.

Now the Chinese with three times the number of Chinese speakers as the total of native English speakers in the world, yes, they I suspect they're pissed.  Does anyone complain about using Arabic numbers ?

Plenty of Japanese media and games have certain things in english. Like a flashing "GOOD JOB" when you finish a race or whatever. English is regular enough in their everyday life that it can't be a fluke or for style.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Landon Lewsaw

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 08:47:56 PM »

[/quote]

They may be pissed about it, but also seem able to read the (English) writing on the wall.  Any English speaker that can fog up a mirror and get a visa is welcome to go over there and teach the language.  I've known several, they have all had memorable experiences for better or worse.

I watched a reality show on Nat Geo about heavy tow truck operators in Norway (a former profession of mine).  What was fascinating was that trucks would come to Norway from all over the EU, get stuck in the mountains, and the common language with the Norwegian tow operators was always English.  Without fail, they all had enough English to get by.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 08:47:56 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.