ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 EDIT User scene problem  (Read 5114 times)

W. Mark Hellinger

X32 EDIT User scene problem
« on: November 29, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »

I'm using the X32 EDIT program on a PC to do my set-ups of a X32 Rack mixer.  When I transfer my saved scene file from my PC to my laptop that I use to mix at a show, my "USER" scene that I set-up isn't included with the transfer.  Everything else seems to transfer just fine.  I've looked around to try and research the reason, but haven't yet found the why or what to do to fix it if possible.

Douglas R. Allen

Re: X32 EDIT User scene problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 04:44:44 AM »

I'm using the X32 EDIT program on a PC to do my set-ups of a X32 Rack mixer.  When I transfer my saved scene file from my PC to my laptop that I use to mix at a show, my "USER" scene that I set-up isn't included with the transfer.  Everything else seems to transfer just fine.  I've looked around to try and research the reason, but haven't yet found the why or what to do to fix it if possible.

Do you know what version of X32 Edit your using? It's in Setup, Connection, at the bottom right.  I seem to remember you need 4.1 or higher for the user section to work but will have to check to be sure.

Douglas R. Allen

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »

Do you know what version of X32 Edit your using? It's in Setup, Connection, at the bottom right.  I seem to remember you need 4.1 or higher for the user section to work but will have to check to be sure.

Douglas R. Allen
Doug: I'm using version 4.2 (4.2.0.0 updated 11/21/2020).

Admittedly it's easy enough to populate that user scene... if I remember what.  It's that "remembering thing" that's the challenge (maybe that's why writing was invented?).

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:39 PM »

Doug: I'm using version 4.2 (4.2.0.0 updated 11/21/2020).

Admittedly it's easy enough to populate that user scene... if I remember what.  It's that "remembering thing" that's the challenge (maybe that's why writing was invented?).

I'm right there with you on the "remembering thing".  Who would have thought you'd have to turn stage boxes on for them to work? Very odd. 

I'm on 4.02 on my M32R currently. I don't have any scenes on my desk that include user patches in or out currently but it is odd that they won't come over on to your Edit when you go from mixer to laptop and store the scene.  If I get a chance I'll put a couple of channels on my desk to user and see what happens.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 04:54:46 PM »

I just gave it a go.  Works as it should.  The last time out I was mixing from stage. I was using 1-8 and 9-16 as local banks of 8. I just switched 1-8 to User 1-8. Moved it over to M32 Edit and it worked as it should. I recalled a scene on my desk that had a "Non user" patch in it. I then moved the PC user scene  back over to an empty scene on my desk and it moved the User 1-8 back over. I saved it and it worked as expected. Not sure what it could be.
  I'm going to frig around and see if I can make it fail.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »

I'm sure you did this but both PC and Laptop have the same Edit version? Again I'm thinking they do but doing a double check. Also have you gone straight from your PC to a USB drive that the scene is saved on to your desk avoiding the Laptop?

Edit: I'm guessing now you go from PC to USB to Laptop to Desk?

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 05:02:41 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »

I'm sure you did this but both PC and Laptop have the same Edit version? Again I'm thinking they do but doing a double check. Also have you gone straight from your PC to a USB drive that the scene is saved on to your desk avoiding the Laptop?

Edit: I'm guessing now you go from PC to USB to Laptop to Desk?

Douglas R. Allen
Doug, here's my story:  I had my X32 Rack mixer rack (mixer, amps, patchbay) set-up in my shop, with a laptop running X32 EDIT hooked up to the mixer via the CAT5 laptop and mixer connections.  I also have X32 EDIT on my office PC.  I was setting up my band's scene (configuration) on my office PC, because my office PC has 2 nice big screens, and I could have instructions, YouTube videos, etc... on one screen and the X32 EDIT work surface on the other screen.  All three, the mixer, laptop, and PC were updated to the same firmware update loaded from the same file on the same thumb drive.  I'd send my saved scene file from the PC to the laptop to test function through the mixer.  I tried sending my saved scene file to the laptop both through our local ethernet and via a thumb drive... same results either-way that only the "User 1" display of the scene file I'd set-up wasn't retained through the file transfer.  I tried rebooting all three, the PC, laptop, and mixer... no difference.  This past Sunday I packed the X32 Rack system to band practice... at the practice room I have a different, fairly new laptop.  I loaded that laptop with the same X32 EDIT program version, and uploaded the same saved scene file all from the thumb drive... everything worked as it should except, again, the User 1 display portion of the scene didn't transfer.  I've also tried going the other way(s) of transferring the scene file from both laptops to my office PC and between the two laptops, both ethernet transfer and thumb drive transfers... all with the same results that the User 1 display is omitted from the transfer.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 03:13:29 PM »

Doug, here's my story:  I had my X32 Rack mixer rack (mixer, amps, patchbay) set-up in my shop, with a laptop running X32 EDIT hooked up to the mixer via the CAT5 laptop and mixer connections.  I also have X32 EDIT on my office PC.  I was setting up my band's scene (configuration) on my office PC, because my office PC has 2 nice big screens, and I could have instructions, YouTube videos, etc... on one screen and the X32 EDIT work surface on the other screen.  All three, the mixer, laptop, and PC were updated to the same firmware update loaded from the same file on the same thumb drive.  I'd send my saved scene file from the PC to the laptop to test function through the mixer.  I tried sending my saved scene file to the laptop both through our local ethernet and via a thumb drive... same results either-way that only the "User 1" display of the scene file I'd set-up wasn't retained through the file transfer.  I tried rebooting all three, the PC, laptop, and mixer... no difference.  This past Sunday I packed the X32 Rack system to band practice... at the practice room I have a different, fairly new laptop.  I loaded that laptop with the same X32 EDIT program version, and uploaded the same saved scene file all from the thumb drive... everything worked as it should except, again, the User 1 display portion of the scene didn't transfer.  I've also tried going the other way(s) of transferring the scene file from both laptops to my office PC and between the two laptops, both ethernet transfer and thumb drive transfers... all with the same results that the User 1 display is omitted from the transfer.

In order to give you a 100 percent accurate results I went to my desk and found an old entire desk recall with zero user settings on the desk and reloaded all those scenes. Next I made a Scene in my M32 EDIT with inputs 1-8 assigned to user section 1-8. Put that on a thumb drive and loaded it on my M32R and it loaded up with the 1-8 inputs assigned to User inputs. Worked as it should. Maybe there is a Safe set in the Scene section?  On you X32Rack select the Scene button then Scroll to the right to Param Safe tab. Under console is Configuration checked?

I'm not sure if I can load the scene I made here on the LAB or not. I have to run but let me know what you find and I'll see if I can load the scene here or send it to you somehow. Take a look and the Param Safe tab and let me know. Again it worked as it should on my M32R.

Dougas R. Allen
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:19:28 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Gunther Mai

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 12:32:17 AM »

...only the "User 1" display of the scene file I'd set-up wasn't retained through the file transfer.

Are you talking about the user banks (of channel strips) represented by the buttons named  'user1' and 'user2' by default on the very right side of the main screen of X-EDIT?
The are not stored in scenes but have their own library and those files are stored as '.bnk' .

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »

Are you talking about the user banks (of channel strips) represented by the buttons named  'user1' and 'user2' by default on the very right side of the main screen of X-EDIT?
The are not stored in scenes but have their own library and those files are stored as '.bnk' .

You may have something. Although I'm sure you mean the User Bank on the "Left" side of the screen in Edit.
I'll give that a try today as well. I had thought User meant "User Patching" as User Section 1 and 2 only work on the Edit Program and not in the X32 Rack itself and wont transfer to the Rack of course. I may be very well guilty of misreading the question.   ???

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 05:36:24 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.