ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PNW AES Section Online Meeting: "Mixing on Glass" April 28  (Read 5358 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: PNW AES Section Online Meeting: "Mixing on Glass" April 28
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 04:25:38 PM »

What?  No cookies?  I’m cancelling my registration!  ???

OK, you win.

We'll deliver your cookies directly to a folder of that name in your computer. Look there when you're at the meeting, but you have to wait until intermission.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »

...Dell All in One running Win10 and Chrome is what I use as FOH.  iPads to wander the venue, monitor setup, etc.  I have an SI Imact and stage box, but this is faster sound quality is great...

...Soundcraft UI-24 stage box via cat 5 to router, cabled to mixer.  Wireless side supports the iPads on 5 ghz. Optionally networked with an additional ui-24 for expanded i/o...

Hi Mal,

Thanks for posting those pictures. A couple questions:

Does the bolded text mean there's a snake running to FOH, where the Dell is? Or is the computer wireless, too?

Where do you place your router in relation to FOH and stage?

That is a nice big screen with seemingly instant access to lots of places.

How many iPads does the Soundcraft support simultaneously? (You said "wireless supports the iPads...")

Do you have any pictures of the computer setup at FOH with the computer visible (not just the screen), and how you transport and set it up?

I'll use one or more of them in my presentation as another option, if you're OK with that.

Thanks,
Dan

Mal Brown

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 04:14:04 AM »

Dan, The topology I settled on is
Ui -24r on stage, hard wired to router.  I use a tp-link ac1900.  Both are supported of an APC UPS. Optionally I may connect a secon UI-24r to the main UI-24r.  There is an ethernet 2 port on the box that allows for master/slave linking.  It gets you a bidirectional 32x32 interface between the units.  There are some restrictions.  It is not a UI-48 ... but it does allow for some i/o expansion.  Particularly the 'o'.  More matrixes which has been real helpful for some gigs.

I run Duracat jacketed CAT 5 and 110 v to front of house.

Front of house monitor is actually a Dell All In One, Win 10 touch screen PC.  I setup a wireless keyboard and mouse. So the FOH PC is hard wired to the LAN side of the router, ipads run off the wireless.  If I run to wireless issues, I still have the hardwire as backup.

The router support the iPads, I usually carry 3 iPad air-2 which are cheap on Craigslist...  One on the charger, one on stage, one at FOH.

Tim Hite has a ui-24 as well.  One one gig he figured out how to use an iPad hardwired with a lighting to ethernet connector I believe.  I did not k ow such a thing existed...   I think it was a Bernie Sanders Rally...

Hope that helps.  Sent you my email  in PM.  Holla if I can supply anything.  MB
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light (deceased)
FB Willy & Nelson
FB SideShow

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »

Is there any chance of being able to access a recording of this meeting?

It'd be really cool to attend, but it's 3.30am my time.

TIA,
Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

Is there any chance of being able to access a recording of this meeting?

It'd be really cool to attend, but it's 3.30am my time.

TIA,
Chris

We are intending to use the Zoom recording feature to make a movie, and it will likely be linked on our PNW AES website in the meeting report (all of them are in Archives), though since we are a volunteer organization it may take a while to get uploaded.

Thanks for your interest!

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »

Mal has sent pictures of his rig that will be included in the presentation. Thanks, Mal!

We had our first dress rehearsal yesterday, and there was a lot of good feedback on how to make the presentation better, which I'm going to incorporate into it.

There's plenty of space, still. A week from tomorrow, we'll send links to those who've signed up on the PNW AES Website.

We are figuring out Zoom and how to control and take advantage of its features; one thing I want to take advantage of is its ability for attendees to interact with each other, and there will be several opportunities for people who are interested in this subject or just audio things to interact with each other. There are signups now from across the US and in a couple of other countries, so that is fun and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

We'll do another dress rehearsal with our Committee next Friday afternoon, Seattle time, so with any luck it will be polished by the 28th.

Thanks for your interest!

James Paul

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »

Dan, FWIW relative to the subject matter of your upcoming presentation, a link to web pic grabs of LV1 and UI24 hardware FB user`s posts, as well as some of my own MSPXM32 UI builds. Swipe on.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtcskpg4vefv1q/AABzrXLv0c9s_s5QCQwwwuEFa?dl=0

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »

Dan, FWIW relative to the subject matter of your upcoming presentation, a link to web pic grabs of LV1 and UI24 hardware FB user`s posts, as well as some of my own MSPXM32 UI builds. Swipe on.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtcskpg4vefv1q/AABzrXLv0c9s_s5QCQwwwuEFa?dl=0

Those are really great, James! Are any of the people you? This one, below?

FYI my presentation is going to mention this aspect of mixing on glass, but otherwise concentrate on handheld battery powered tablets.

Thanks!

James Paul

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 02:35:33 AM »

Those are really great, James! Are any of the people you? This one, below?
FYI my presentation is going to mention this aspect of mixing on glass, but otherwise concentrate on handheld battery powered tablets.
Thanks!
Not I in the pic nor in any other of the LV1 or UI24 FB grabs, though I do own up to the 8 fingers in the MSP demo vid.

Mal Brown

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »

Hi Dan,

Is there a recording I can access.  I was working on a project in Australia last night... darn it.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light (deceased)
FB Willy & Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.