ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL vs QSC for a Newbie Engineer  (Read 973 times)

Connor Nygaard

Re: JBL vs QSC for a Newbie Engineer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 06:22:47 pm »

Connor, it's been mentioned - but to reiterate, buy used gear when you can.  Especially in the early days.  Also, find a local shop that's reputable and can advise you.  Get a rapport with a good sales engineer.

Most of the gear at the professional level will last a long long long time - generally becomes obsolete way before it wears out unless it's really abused.

Thanks very much for the tip, the local shop here in Colorado Springs, Performance Audio, is looking to sell me demo units. Practically brand new speakers for several hundred dollars off list. I've no idea what a number would be on a KS118, but even with that at list it still sounds like a screaming deal to me.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 06:30:37 pm »

Thanks very much for the tip, the local shop here in Colorado Springs, Performance Audio, is looking to sell me demo units. Practically brand new speakers for several hundred dollars off list. I've no idea what a number would be on a KS118, but even with that at list it still sounds like a screaming deal to me.

I buy demo, open box & "B" stock items whenever I can.  Buy from the right place and if it has problems they will support you.  Picked up a Denon Prime 4 DJ console last month as a demo item from Sweetwater for about $300 below regular price.  Fired it up and it had issues.  They replaced it with a brand new console.  Back in the day I used dual 18" & dual 15" subs as well as 18" "W" horns.  Now everything is single driver in a box and I use them in multiples as needed - much easier to move around.

Josh Rawls

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 10:09:27 pm »

I owned a fair bit of the SRX800 gear for awhile. It was great stuff. Look for it used and you'll be very happy.
Josh Rawls

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 06:29:44 pm »

JBL Vs QSC, I prefer the Yamaha DSR and DXR (much to my surprise).

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 07:05:04 pm »

Also check out the JBL VRX918SP subs. Smaller then the SRX818. I have a few of them. I think they sound better IMO
"At first you don't succeed, go back to the drawing board."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 07:05:04 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.