ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining Freespeak II bases in different areas  (Read 1252 times)

Nathan Lamb

Combining Freespeak II bases in different areas
« on: November 11, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »

I have a Helixnet/Freespeak II gig coming up, and I’m trying to figure out how to configure the racks.

We are doing two keynote rooms that connect with a 400’ run of fiber.  My client wants the ability for the rooms to operate independently, but then operate as one room for certain portions of the show. 

The two com racks are identical.  Each room will have one HMS 4X, with a 2 wire card, a 4 wire card, and an ethernet card.  There will also be one FS II unit in each room, each with 4 transceivers and 10 belt packs.  I believe I have the helix net packs figured out.  Once I combine the two Helix racks with fiber, I should be able to drag and drop channels/groups to either room. 

I am trying to generate 8 discreet channels into Freespeak:  Room1Prod, Room1Camera, Room1Audio, Broadcast (global), Tech (global), Room2Prod, Room2Camera, and Room2Audio.  If I put Broadcast (global) into one FS, will it be available in both Freespeaks, or do I have to use a port on each Helix rack for each Freespeak?  I don’t have a LQ.  I only have the 4 wire card, 2 wire card, and ethernet card.  I’m going through the manuals and checking message boards, but I haven’t found my answer yet. 

What are the sync in and out ports for?  Will I need another fiber line to sync the two Freespeaks since they will be sharing the Broadcast and Tech channels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Combining Freespeak II bases in different areas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »

I am trying to generate 8 discreet channels into Freespeak: 
Room1Prod,
Room1Camera,
Room1Audio,
Broadcast (global),
Tech (global),
Room2Prod,
Room2Camera,
Room2Audio. 

If I put Broadcast (global) into one FS, will it be available in both Freespeaks, or do I have to use a port on each Helix rack for each Freespeak?  I don’t have a LQ.  I only have the 4 wire card, 2 wire card, and ethernet card.  I’m going through the manuals and checking message boards, but I haven’t found my answer yet. 

What are the sync in and out ports for?  Will I need another fiber line to sync the two Freespeaks since they will be sharing the Broadcast and Tech channels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1.  To input 8 ports into a FSII base2 you need to adapt the 2-wires to 4-wire with a Studio technologies Model 47.

2.  Dual FSII which are NOT interconnected with SYNC will still work with up to a maximum of 25 beltpacks total in the same RF space.  There will be slightly more latency.  If you can interconnect the syncs the latency will be less.  Sync does not interconnect any PL channels.

3.  You need to transport the global channels to each system.  They do not interconnect via sync.  Do all channels need to be in both or just global.

4.  Assuming you have internet in both places, use a Clearcom LQ box (many flavors and combinations of 2-wire and 4 wire) to transport the comm channels.

5.  You cannot share antenna system with both FSII.  If you can transport all the channels to a central place and use 1 FSII base for all freespeak that would be best.  Put 5 antennas in each venue and using the fiber splitter, remote one splitter at the other venue from the Base.  Then all beltpacks can work in both venues.  Create 2 different rolls for each global user which they can select via the BP menues as they move between the rooms.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Combining Freespeak II bases in different areas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.