ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector Screen Ideas  (Read 932 times)

Aaron Maurer

Projector Screen Ideas
« on: April 10, 2019, 08:27:06 PM »

Have a birthday party for my daughter this weekend and she wants a movie projected on the side of the house. We have a cheap projector and tried it on the siding and I think it will work fine. Need to get something white approximately 12X12.  Whats the best cheap solution for this? White bed sheets?  Up for some ideas from this creative group.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Projector Screen Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »

Have a birthday party for my daughter this weekend and she wants a movie projected on the side of the house. We have a cheap projector and tried it on the siding and I think it will work fine. Need to get something white approximately 12X12.  Whats the best cheap solution for this? White bed sheets?  Up for some ideas from this creative group.

Sheets are too transparent.  Get a heavy white(ish) canvas etc dropcloth from homedepot etc.  Get it stretched as tight as possible.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:03:38 PM »

Sheets are too transparent.  Get a heavy white(ish) canvas etc dropcloth from homedepot etc.  Get it stretched as tight as possible.

About 7 bucks for two 9 x 12 drop cloths. Disposable. Whiter and lighter weight than the muslin canvas drop cloths. Probably in stock at your local home improvement cavern, pick up today.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Trimaco-SuperTuff-9-ft-x-12-ft-Paper-Poly-Drop-Cloths-2-Pack-02304-HD/100182153

Tack it to the wall with blue masking tape.

No, it's not as prime as an actual projection screen, but for the application, will your audience care?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:08:54 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:12:44 PM »

Thanks for the input.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:12:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 24 queries.