ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New drops.  (Read 6684 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
New drops.
« on: May 05, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »

I have had 4 of the standard tritap extension cords I use on the front of the stage at the venue for pedalboards, etc walk in the last two weeks, despite being labeled with a rather unique gaff color.
 I got through last weekend using​ my personal code compliant drops but that is not going to be a long term solution.

Yellow, orange, be damned. Where can I get some hot pink extension cords?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: New drops.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »

A local hardware store has 12/3 sjow cords in various neon colors, including hot pink IIRC. But not in soow, however.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Shawn Keck

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »

When in high walk potential situations we just zip tie the male end of the cable to the distro or we might zip tie the power strip lead to a table leg. Most of the time it is unintentional when they walk but that at least slows them down.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »

When in high walk potential situations we just zip tie the male end of the cable to the distro or we might zip tie the power strip lead to a table leg. Most of the time it is unintentional when they walk but that at least slows them down.
I like that.

I usually only put them out when needed, so I know to pick them up, but things are going missing when I am not there.

Jay Barracato

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »

I have had 4 of the standard tritap extension cords I use on the front of the stage at the venue for pedalboards, etc walk in the last two weeks, despite being labeled with a rather unique gaff color.

This is one of the reasons I'm switching to OA Windsor boxes on Powercon True 1 connectors. They're much less likely to walk if people don't know what the connectors are and don't have them already.

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 06:44:27 PM »

This is one of the reasons I'm switching to OA Windsor boxes on Powercon True 1 connectors. They're much less likely to walk if people don't know what the connectors are and don't have them already.

All my personal stuff is oa windsor. Leaving more expensive stuff where it already walking doesn't sound like a realistic strategy to me.

Jay Barracato

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »

Some musician are brain dead and will simply pack up whatever is in front of them at the end of the show.  If they are following a tri-tap extension cord all the way to the plug and taking it - they are thieves and should be on the receiving end of a phone call from the venue manager (not you) and their management or booking agency should be informed the act will not be rebooked until the venue property is returned and then stick to that.

That these are walking out when you are not there also points to a VENUE problem with lack of supervision and to a certain extent the venue needs to decide when replacing stolen stuff exceeds the cost of personnel.  Until then the venue should consider this the cost of tuition at Ye Olde Skool of Harde Knox.

Replacing the missing cords with hot pink or other funky color will not discourage thieves and will not register with the brain-dead folks.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 05:24:41 PM »

I agree with the lack of supervision. Unfortunately to attribute the loss to any one band/ night I would have to inventory everything before and after every show I do, which is just more for me. That includes having to run around on site to make sure the stage cables weren't " borrowed" to plug in a cash register or projector or Christmas lights, or what ever other last minute problem they were trying to solve when I wasn't there.

Instead I have decided I can cover any show with 24 xlrs plus my 4 looms plus 6 extension cords. When the number drops, I order more.

Jay Barracato

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »

I agree with the lack of supervision. Unfortunately to attribute the loss to any one band/ night I would have to inventory everything before and after every show I do, which is just more for me. That includes having to run around on site to make sure the stage cables weren't " borrowed" to plug in a cash register or projector or Christmas lights, or what ever other last minute problem they were trying to solve when I wasn't there.

Instead I have decided I can cover any show with 24 xlrs plus my 4 looms plus 6 extension cords. When the number drops, I order more.

Use screw-down cable clips to secure your tri-tap cords to the stage.  Make it difficult for the venue to 'borrow' them and never put them back.  If these are your personal property I'd just bill the venue for them if they are not present when you come back.  Why should you subsidize their operation?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:47 PM »

I am ordering with their money but the more I spend replacing stuff, the less there is to upgrade.

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.