ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Edit sync to console?  (Read 28822 times)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
Re: X32 Edit sync to console?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »

The scene button stores all the settings BTW.

Where is the scene button in Edit?  Can you post a screen shot?  I'm not seeing that anywhere.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »

Scenes is a separate function.  In the app it's just under mute groups and above the assign section.  When you save a scene, it saves all parameters, not just the highlit function.

When you are in the scenes screen in the edit app you can click on USB Drive Save Settings, it will then give you an explorer window to name your file and select a folder location on your local PC.

On the console save to USB using the same manner.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »

Hey Alex, sounds like you need to hire the local 10-year-old video gamer. He'll get you sorted.  ;D
Couple of years ago, my Dad called, asking me how to get a tape copied to DVD in his "recorder thingy". Since I didn't have a clue (or a manual), I told him to grab the neighbours kid Saturday AM. Sure enough, 5 minuted of pressing buttons, he had it figured out. I bought him supper the next time I visited Mom & Dad.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »

Alex, 

I can see why you are frustrated all the time.  You get angry, don't follow directions completely then blame the vendors and the IT staff.

The big ones you missed:

1 - Is your firewall on the laptop enabled (or a 3rd party one installed)?  Communications is bidirectional.  The firewall may be blocking the inbound traffic.

2 - X32 edit is a duplicate of the console, have you spent time reading the x32 engineers quick start, product manual and the Behringer wiki?

3 - If you don't know where scenes are it's good that your config was wiped, you need the practice.

You have two choices, you can put the anger aside.  It's a barrier to both you learning and getting help.  Or you can blame us and Behringer and not get the results out of your new console.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »

Maybe a Soundcraft Expression might have been a better choice.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »

Maybe a Soundcraft Expression might have been a better choice.

PICNIC.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »

Alex, 

I can see why you are frustrated all the time.  You get angry, don't follow directions completely then blame the vendors and the IT staff.  Not what I said

The big ones you missed:

1 - Is your firewall on the laptop enabled (or a 3rd party one installed)?  Communications is bidirectional.  The firewall may be blocking the inbound traffic. If inbound traffic was blocked, the console would not have been able to overwrite Edit

2 - X32 edit is a duplicate of the console, have you spent time reading the x32 engineers quick start, product manual and the Behringer wiki? I've read the quick start and most of the manual.  In the quick start, it refers to the "Scenes" section of the console and accessing it via it's View button.  Edit has no Scenes section

3 - If you don't know where scenes are it's good that your config was wiped, you need the practice.

You have two choices, you can put the anger aside.  It's a barrier to both you learning and getting help.  Or you can blame us and Behringer and not get the results out of your new console. My anger is not with this forum or Behringer per se, but the entire software industry and the convoluted, illogical way the vast majority of it is written.  Anyone here use Peoplesoft?  You know what I mean.  And I've found as I've gotten older that I'm far, far less patient and tolerant of just about everything, so this isn't the only thing that sets me off.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk

FWIW, I have to be nice when I'm at work so those frustrations compound other issues when I finally vent.  I also had dinner between the time the console ate my Edit settings and I posted my rant.  So I had cooled off considerably.  Yes, I'm that guy who when working on his car, fires his tools across the garage and breaks them or can't find them the next time I need them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:50:18 PM by Alex Rigodanzo »
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 11:33:04 PM »

Alex...Good luck with that.  It's your choice to live like that.  I bet you a real hoot with some booze in you. 

Hope you figure out the console.  It's fun to mix with. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 01:14:27 AM »

Learning the nomenclature is the first step, learning the sequence of events is the second.

A preset is a collection of the settings of a channel or a section of a channel (EQ section, Compressor, etc.)

A scene is a collection of all of the settings on the console.

A show is a collection of a number of scenes.

I believe the sequence is Create a Show, Create a scene, set up the console, Store the Scene, Save the Show.  Then transfer the Show to the console.

http://x32wiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »

Where is the scene button in Edit?  Can you post a screen shot?  I'm not seeing that anywhere.

Here's the scene button; called "Cues" in edit for some reason.

When you click on the button in the pic above you can select the "Scenes" tab where you can save ALL the board settings to a scene. The current board settings can also be exported to a file using the "USB Drive - Save Settings" button. The saved scene can be loaded into the editor on another computer or directly to a console with a USB drive.

Also by clicking "Utility" while in the scenes menu you can select multiple scenes for export or deletion and import multiple scenes using the appropriate buttons.

Hope this helps,
Tommy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.