ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW UX3600  (Read 9564 times)

Scott Jordan

• LinkedIn Profile
Re: EAW UX3600
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »

They probably do have a greybox for those, an unfocused greybox but still a greybox since that would have all the correct levels, EQ, delay, etc for your cabinets. Just because it's a greybox doesn't mean that it also uses the focusing, focused greyboxes are labeled.

True, greybox does not mean it is focused, it means the settings are set and you can't change them, which is good in my opinion to keep consistency in processing. What the greyboxes don't do automatically is set the limiting, that is done by entering the amplifier gain manually, so need to know that info prior to configuring your UX's.
Scott Jordan

Scott Jordan

• LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »

Instead of guessing I went ahead and loaded up EAW Pilot, yes there is a focused greybox for the DC2 bi-amped.

Cool - that means Josh's intention of improving his system will come to fruition. @Josh - post once you got the processors properly configured, up and running, so we know the results. Remember that with the DCS sub, you got to put that delay on your main loudspeakers, 5-6ms, as I do not believe this is automatic. Also, make sure you got your amp gain values, as you will need that to properly configure the limiters.

I got the chance to work on the UX8800 again this summer, configuring it for use with KF750's and SB750's, and the end result was nothing short of stunning. This was used on a gig that prior to we used KF853's and BH852's, four boxes wide in scissor lifts for a large outdoor chorus/orchestra gig. The clarity and definition on vocals, piano, cymbals was obvious.
Scott Jordan

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

Yep, you'll need to know your amps' input gains along with how many watts they are a channel at 4 Ohms when setting up the unit, other than some simple routing that's it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.