ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Single rackspace amps... (NOT Powersoft)  (Read 11673 times)

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
Re: Single rackspace amps... (NOT Powersoft)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »

I checked out the M series before posting the thread, while impressive they are out of the client's budget unless i stumble upon a lovely deal on a used one.

Never thought to look at the install versions of the labs, still a hair high but may be do-able.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »

Just what the title says, know someone looking for a couple single rack space amps that are at least 5-600w/channel at 4 Ohms. I've been looking around the sites of the "normal" options but don't see much out there.

Leaving out Powersoft since if they were to buy one of those it would serve better duty on other projects that would get a higher rental rate.

Anybody know of anything handy? Used is probably cool as long as you aren't posting up dinosaurs like the Carver model that was single (300 I think?)

Thanks

Does Chamelion still exist?

Peavey has/had a few, too.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »

Speaking as an ex-power amp product manager, to get any kind of power in 1U rack spaces generally requires using premium technology for things like power transformers, cooling fans, and the like.

2U was the sweet size for cost effective power.

OF course my data is from several years ago so modern technology may be changing the rules, but back when I was active in the area, you paid a significant premium to get in 1U.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »

http://en.synq-audio.com/products/10270/DIGIT-series

It's European (I think?) but it looks about what you're asking for??

Here in South Africa it is priced way below Powersoft M-series (which are awesome!!  ;D )

However, the few I know who have used the SynQ brand complain about the reliability.

Yosi Melamed

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Outline has their "T" series amps which appear to just be powersoft amps in very slightly modified enclosures, same specs and all.
What are these Outline T series amp? Cheap Powersoft knockoffs?
Don't bring up facts that can ruin our good argument.

Crown i-Tech 8000
Allen & Heath ZED60-14FX
4 X Cerwin Vega ProStax PS-12 II
1 X Cerwin Vega Sub 15
1 X Rolls RS-80 Tuner
1 X MaxxBass 101
1 X Weekend warrior

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »

What are these Outline T series amp? Cheap Powersoft knockoffs?

I hadn't head about them until I saw them in one of the galleries on psw, they look all but identical and seem to have the same specs as their powersoft counterparts. My best guess is that they are licensing the hardware from powersoft and sticking their logo on them...
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »

The Outline amps are OEM'ed by Powersoft. Pretty similar pricing the last time I looked.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »

This company aims their products more at the Guitar market, but one of their GT1000 amps might suit your purpose:

http://matrixguitaramplification.com/products/gt1000fx-1u-rackmount-amplifier/
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »

This company aims their products more at the Guitar market, but one of their GT1000 amps might suit your purpose:

http://matrixguitaramplification.com/products/gt1000fx-1u-rackmount-amplifier/

With regards to Matrix, they do actually do a full line of power amps but they're all 2u, as well as that guitar based product.

Dont know how available they are in the US, but have you looked at PKN amplifiers. 1u, by al accounts sound great and are a much better price than powersoft.

The company originally designed power transformers for big industrial equipment, and so came at the amps from the point of view of having super-stable, high power class-d transformers and just had to add the audio side, rather than having the audio side and having to develop class-d transformers and technology. As such they have unusual stuff such as dual switching high frequency supplies and other fancy tech, and by all accounts they deliver as advertised.

LOL they even have an amp that takes 3 phase power straight in and can output 4 channels of 10K each, 40K in total, all from 1u!  8)

k

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

With regards to Matrix, they do actually do a full line of power amps but they're all 2u, as well as that guitar based product.

The GT800FX and GT1000FX are 1u.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.