ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singer inconsistent levels, worth getting compressor?  (Read 16888 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Singer inconsistent levels, worth getting compressor?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »

Though do you guys need to set-up mic's going out to the audience? Also, can she here the other bandmates?

The Rolls unit acts as a mic splitter for the singers mic giving him/her access to setting their own personal level in their mix and also takes an input from the board for all the other stuff they want to hear.  It's just a way of tapping their own mic before it gets sent to the FOH so they can have all the "ME" they want.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve Garris

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »

Anyone?

Also, the pre-fade aux on mixwiz 3(edit) is Pre-insert, pre-EQ, and post-mute in case anyone is wondering for future reference. Meaning the compression insert won't hurt the monitor mix

Correct - after some confusion I found this as well. If it was a Mixwiz II, then they are not pre-insert.

Mario Maric

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

The Rolls unit acts as a mic splitter for the singers mic giving him/her access to setting their own personal level in their mix and also takes an input from the board for all the other stuff they want to hear.  It's just a way of tapping their own mic before it gets sent to the FOH so they can have all the "ME" they want.
Oh I see now. That makes a lot of sense and would probably be great then.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »

Oh I see now. That makes a lot of sense and would probably be great then.

It might also be viewed as a "bio-feedback" trainer in that, once they've set their own level in the mix, they have to work the mic properly to maintain their level in the mix.  So the "compression" is integral to the process.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »

Though do you guys need to set-up mic's going out to the audience? Also, can she here the other bandmates?
We don't use the mic throughput, but instead send her her own vocal mix through omni1 (original 01v) that has mostly her, but also other vocals, and some keys. All she needs as she's very good on pitch. We also usually put an A-T Pro37 mic for ambient out there that's mixed into her mix as well.

Mario Maric

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

Question, the mix going into the ears of my singer I assume should have a limiter on it. I don't want him going deaf. How do you go about setting it so a loud peak doesnt get through?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.