ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with MRX515 LF Driver or Crossover?  (Read 1814 times)

pete gamby

Problem with MRX515 LF Driver or Crossover?
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »

My JBL MRX 515 has mismatched output. If I use system for DJ, One side has lower volume than the other. In addition when I use the system for my band I still have the same problem. I have switched the
speaker cables at the amp and the same speaker has lower output. It sounds almost muffled. I have brought it in for repair and they cannot find anything wrong with it. In addition  when I place the cabinet with the lower output on the ground it seems to increase the bottom end while leaving the other one on a pole. I use Rane for DJ, Mackie for pa with 2 crown ce 2000 running stereo at 8 ohms each side.( One for my mrx 512 monitors ) I am going crazy trying  to figure out what the problem is. Could the crossover be flaky or a bad woofer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Problem with MRX515 LF Driver or Crossover?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

My JBL MRX 515 has mismatched output. If I use system for DJ, One side has lower volume than the other. In addition when I use the system for my band I still have the same problem. I have switched the
speaker cables at the amp and the same speaker has lower output. It sounds almost muffled. I have brought it in for repair and they cannot find anything wrong with it. In addition  when I place the cabinet with the lower output on the ground it seems to increase the bottom end while leaving the other one on a pole. I use Rane for DJ, Mackie for pa with 2 crown ce 2000 running stereo at 8 ohms each side.( One for my mrx 512 monitors ) I am going crazy trying  to figure out what the problem is. Could the crossover be flaky or a bad woofer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Well,

If the repair center found nothing wrong with it...it's either operator error or something in the chain that's mis-adjusted, broken or wrong.

Set up your console, to the amp, to the speakers with NOTHING else connected or inserted ... test with only one input, either a mic or CD/Ipod...

If one cabinet is still not putting out the same as the other...swap speaker cables, test.... then if no difference, signal cable from amp to the board, test.... then if no difference,  swap the L&R outputs

If this doesn't find the problem ...then it's a crossover/ driver problem which the service center should have caught when you had it in for service.

Hammer.

ps...post audio technical questions in "Lab Lounge" 
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Problem with MRX515 LF Driver or Crossover?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 23 queries.