ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vertec V4 settings  (Read 1807 times)

Terry Fryar

• Wyard Audio
Vertec V4 settings
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »

Do the v4 dolby lake settings make use of linear phase filters, or is it all implemented using IIR??

I noticed the v5 stuff is starting to use FIR (harmon dsp only..heh), but I wasn't sure about the v4 stuff.....

Thanks!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Vertec V4 settings
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:16:22 pm »

Do the v4 dolby lake settings make use of linear phase filters, or is it all implemented using IIR??

I noticed the v5 stuff is starting to use FIR (harmon dsp only..heh), but I wasn't sure about the v4 stuff.....

Thanks!

I can't answer for how the DLP filters are picked, but I believe for the rest of the target processors all filters are IIR in V4.

Email Paul Bauman @ JBL for a 100% answer.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Jim Risgin

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:08:38 am »

All filters in V4 were IIR- the intent was a processor setting that behaved the same across all platforms.  Effectively the settings created had to perform to a common denominator and since not all supported platforms at the time used FIR JBL had to choose IIR filter sets to make settings that performed the same on BSS, dbx, Crown and Lake.

V5 Settings utilize Crown DSP not only for the FIR filters but also the advanced limiter functions that allow for additional Headroom in that DSP Suite over competitive products.  Yes V5 on ITechHD excludes DLP Processors but it also excludes dbx, BSS, Crown (ITech)...all Harman Products.  I can also tell you that, from listening tests, the Crown FIR's have better out of band rejection than the DLP FIR's currently offer in my opinion.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:08:38 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.