ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reliable DVD player reommendation  (Read 5581 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
reliable DVD player reommendation
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »

I need an inexpensive, simple DVD player for the occasional SOS/mic meeting rental where they don't have PowerPoint and just need to play a DVD into a large flat screen monitor.

The gamut of "usual suspects" for I/O.

Thanks.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
Re: reliable DVD player reommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:49 PM »

I need an inexpensive, simple DVD player for the occasional SOS/mic meeting rental where they don't have PowerPoint and just need to play a DVD into a large flat screen monitor.

The gamut of "usual suspects" for I/O.

Thanks.

For just DVD, you can't get much more inexpensive than this at $33: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=846027&is=REG&Q=&A=details

If you want to make sure you can play Blu-Ray as well at $77, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-BX18-Blu-ray-Player-cable/dp/B006775ETW

Best regards,
Bob

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »

For just DVD, you can't get much more inexpensive than this at $33: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=846027&is=REG&Q=&A=details

If you want to make sure you can play Blu-Ray as well at $77, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-BX18-Blu-ray-Player-cable/dp/B006775ETW

Best regards,
Bob

Have you used either of these?  Cheap I can find.  Looking for first-hand experience of something that'll last more than a couple of weeks........

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:47:38 PM »

Have you used either of these?  Cheap I can find.  Looking for first-hand experience of something that'll last more than a couple of weeks........

Hi Dick,

I've got the Blu-Ray BDP-BX18. We use it for trade shows to play our promo material in a loop. It has been trouble-free since I got it, so for me, it's a good unit.

I did try the inexpensive Memorex units, and I went through 3 before I got one that worked more than a week... (this was for home use with limited space, etc.) I would avoid those for sure.

Best regards,
Bob

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »

Hi Dick,

I've got the Blu-Ray BDP-BX18. We use it for trade shows to play our promo material in a loop. It has been trouble-free since I got it, so for me, it's a good unit.

I did try the inexpensive Memorex units, and I went through 3 before I got one that worked more than a week... (this was for home use with limited space, etc.) I would avoid those for sure.

Best regards,
Bob

Thanks, Bob.  That's what I'm looking for.

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »

I use Sony DVD players from Best Buy...cost around $35 or so.  Can't remember the model number, but these go out a few times a month and have great success with them.  I bought rack shelves and basically Velcro/zip-tie the players to the shelf to make them rack-mountable. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.