ProSoundWeb Community

Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums => AC Power and Grounding => Topic started by: Mike Sokol on July 13, 2015, 12:57:13 pm

Title: Metal Shed Electrocution
Post by: Mike Sokol on July 13, 2015, 12:57:13 pm
Here's why it's important to ground-bond any metal structure including a stage. While I'm not sure of the details of this particular accident, even if you don't have permanent AC power running to it, something as simple as a pinched extension cord can electrify an unbonded structure. I'm going to follow up with the investigator for details.

Mike Sokol

A 14-year-old Georgia girl died Sunday night when she was electrocuted in what officials are calling a tragic accident.

According to a report from News 4 Jax, Kayla White was spending the night with her grandparents, who lived next door from her own home. The report said that White was supposedly electrocuted when she touched a metal shed in between the two homes while walking on wet ground after overnight rains.

Officer Lance Jones with Glynn County Police Department reportedly arrived on scene around 10:45 a.m. on Sunday to find the Glynn County Fire Department trying to save the teenager. Officer Jones is also a certified electrician and was able to make the scene safe after a brief investigation, according to First Coast News.