ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: July 28, 2021, 04:18:12 pm 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Art Welter
These arenít very heavy cabinets ..
I remember when a 77 pound (34.9kg) cabinet wasn't "very heavy"- back before six wrist  repair operations  :)

Put a dowel, a drumstick or anything similar under the cabinet, parallel to the front/rear.
Move the cabinet forward and back until it balances on the stick to determine the center of gravity (COG). Center the hole for the top hat there.
You may want to put the top hat a few millimeters behind the COG so it tends to point forward and down if (when..) the stand is slightly undersized to the top hat.

Art

on: July 28, 2021, 04:05:23 pm 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Ike Zimbel

Is there a particular Brand/model that works better than others on the 1/2 wave antennas?
No.

on: July 28, 2021, 03:53:10 pm 
Started by Mal Brown - Last post by Russell Ault
I'm not planning on working outside my little zone in the boonies anything soon...  and unfortunately, all old wireless stuff was obsoleted buy Ajit Pai and T-Mobile...

Then it sounds like you can really can't go wrong!

-Russ

on: July 28, 2021, 03:44:17 pm 
Started by Brian Bolly - Last post by Helge A Bentsen
From ZZ Top fb page:

"We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX.  We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ĎTop'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C.Ē
You will be missed greatly, amigo.
Frank & Billy

https://www.facebook.com/ZZTop

on: July 28, 2021, 03:43:28 pm 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Sam Costa
Not sure if this was ever discussed but Iím wanting to adapt to a pair of speaker top hat mounts in the bottom of my PRX735 cabinets but havenít seen any documentation on the correct location for applying these mounts?

These arenít very heavy cabinets and certainly smaller than the Kw153ís and those have build in hats as well as other large cabinets like the SRX835ís.

Thanks.

on: July 28, 2021, 03:17:36 pm 
Started by Bob Kidd - Last post by Luke Geis
I too am leary of most " new " 728 offerings. There are still some legit ones out there, but there are certainly more counterfeit ones being sold. Some of the sellers are straight up about it and others not so much.

The 800 series in self-powered format is VERY hard to beat. I owned a set of 728's several years ago and they were definitely nice, but despite how low they went and how reasonably loud they were, they also required some taming in the 80hz area and were perhaps too big sounding in many instances. They required some work is all I am saying. I picked up the 818sp's a couple of years ago and it was an instant love affair. They get reasonably loud, are very smooth and even sounding, and I feel they are well priced and well accoutermented to do much more than most in their market segment. I much preferred them to the 728's. They got just about as loud ( close enough in a 1:1 comparison ) and required little or no work to dial in.

on: July 28, 2021, 02:11:44 pm 
Started by Mal Brown - Last post by Mal Brown
I'm not planning on working outside my little zone in the boonies anything soon...  and unfortunately, all old wireless stuff was obsoleted by Ajit Pai and T-Mobile...

on: July 28, 2021, 01:46:18 pm 
Started by Dan Godwin - Last post by Ed Taylor
It's e604 for me - for all the same reasons.

Connectors?  Right angled XLRs are your friend here...

ding ding !!

yep...e604s have been my choice for the toms. My rig is marketed to semi-pro private events, so not as "demanding" as some national acts can be. But never a complaint and I get all I want on the toms...even at times when the board might be limited or for whatever reason I want to place a single e604 between the two rack toms.  Again, I'm not a pro audio provider, but these work for me.
I have the Audix for kick, but other options as well...I don't always love/like the audix.

good ol sm57 for snare/hat and I have several options in condensors for overhead brass..including Sennheiser and Shure..but my secret when no one is looking is I have a pair of Peavey condensors that I actually really like.

on: July 28, 2021, 01:18:52 pm 
Started by Dan Godwin - Last post by Will Knight
Primarily use this the Audix D-Series here. Also frequently use 604ís and the ole standby 57ís.
Iíve managed to figured out a nice tight & crisp sound from the D4ís for the soft rock/jazz/R&B categories I suggest usually work in.

on: July 28, 2021, 01:01:15 pm 
Started by Kris Matthews - Last post by Riley Casey
I've been signing checks big and small for forty plus years and what I've learned is this. In the music touring rental business your customers decide what your inventory will be, not you. You buy what they want to use AFTER you do the math that shows you that these rental customers will pay for that investment entirely in less than five years. After five years your customers will want the next shiny object and your gear investment must be sold or earn it's living at the other end of your business supporting customers who couldn't care less what the brand and model your console is as long as it all works and sounds good - enough.

This is a big part of why I bailed on chasing the touring RnR market quite a while ago and pursued a direction for my business that allowed for somewhat more sane ( within the constraints of the business we're in ) business decisions.

Thankyou for the responses, but I was looking to hear from people who sign the checks who may have been looking at this rather than engineers.

Sure, Yamaha can set whatever price they want, but they also have to convince me to pay for the additional features, and they haven't.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.