ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:22:52 pm 
Started by elie baele - Last post by David Morison
i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?

While technically possible to build a passive filter that cuts the lows, it has serious knock-on effects on cost, weight and quite possibly audio performance, so it's almost never done.

The lack of low bass you notice is simply the level of performance that those drivers, in that cabinet, can deliver - nothing to do with the onboard filter.

There is a slight chance however that room acoustics are causing a bit of a loss of low bass, so try putting them at different locations in the room (eg closer to or further from walls, on the floor vs flown etc) to see if the bass improves at all.

on: Today at 04:15:07 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
you guys have too much time on your hands...

JR

on: Today at 03:25:00 pm 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Jonathan Johnson

I've got a van full of equipment, and a head full of experience.
I'm sorry, NONE of that comes for "free". EVER.
Are the Caterers free? Party decorations? Floral arrangements?
I'm sure the head organizer pays a nice price for her Mercedes, Gucci purses and what not.
"Exposure"? I am turning down jobs all the time. I don't need "exposure"
I need 2 more of "me", and 2 more loaded trucks!

Many of the other service providers also provide consumables: food, party decorations, and floral arrangments are all things that are used once and disposed of. Obvious expenses over and above labor.

But for sound operators, they only see the service: the labor you provide. The gear? You bring that, but then you take it away to use another time. Almost no consumables. Maybe a few batteries and some gaffer's tape, but that's cheap, right?

So there's a perception that if you charge $2,000 for a 4-hour event, that you're making $500/hr (more than many lawyers!). What they fail to see is the overhead costs: equipment depreciation, maintenance, van fuel, insurance, etc -- and the 2 hours before the event setting up, the 1 hour after rolling out, the time spent cleaning and organizing gear afterwards at the shop, the professional development (learning new things). In the end, that $2,000 invoice might net you, personally, $400 -- the price the low-skill, unprepared bottom-feeder charges to "run sound" (and loan all the gear for free).

on: Today at 02:50:34 pm 
Started by Jake Jerome - Last post by Jake Jerome
How are they setup? Are you running a mic straight into the speakers or are you going through a mixer?  Did you check to see if they are set at Mic or Line level?

I've tried a couple of different line-level sources. The hiss persists through all of them including when there is nothing plugged in. I just tried pressing the mic button which makes the hiss louder and it increases with the level knob setting unlike when the button is depressed for line level.

on: Today at 02:48:41 pm 
Started by Ed Hall - Last post by Ed Hall
Driverack Venu360 in very good condition. Only slight rack rash. Latest firmware. Selling because I upgraded to the Dante version.
$450 plus actual shipping

hallrnpd.dad @ gmail.com
Pics

on: Today at 02:38:17 pm 
Started by elie baele - Last post by elie baele
hello. my preverious set was hk esys. subs are also not really subs with kind a same freq resp but at 1/3of the srx.  when i pull eq up it do sound right for me..not lookin for less than 40hz. just some punchy bass is ok

on: Today at 02:30:09 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Russell Ault
Well my mom's family grew up pretty poor so .....

And I'm still poor cause I still do that.

I always thing it's interesting that "class" means different things to different people. In North America (and, if my understanding is right, especially in the US) "lower class" is seen to be nearly synonymous with poverty, while in many other places the two, while perhaps at times related, are completely separate concepts. In many cultures class is effectively hereditary, and "the lower classes" often includes groups of people who live quite comfortably.

Of course saying "lower classes" begs the question "lower than what?", and no doubt this is a matter of perspective: I'm sure there are contexts where a phrase like "rather milk in first" would be used by someone to describe a family doctors or accountants.

-Russ

on: Today at 02:19:01 pm 
Started by elie baele - Last post by Caleb Dueck
hello. for home use as dj i purchased a set of srx725 witch k want to use full range. no place for subs
i will use them flying faced eachother tilted downwards with my dj boot in the middle. now i am running them with an qsc ex4000 with their internal filter but find the lows not deep enough. i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?  i have all hardware to bi amp them (mx1500amp and dcx behringer) could that be worth a trie?   please ur advise

SRX725 is a speaker, not a subwoofer.  Cone diameter doesn't determine frequency.  You need dedicated subwoofers for bass.

on: Today at 02:09:31 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by John L Nobile

And I'm still poor cause I still do that.

on: Today at 02:04:24 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
Have to be a bit careful here, though: while the chemistry of tea preparation seems to encourage this approach, it also comes with social connotations (in Britain, describing someone as "rather milk in first" implies they are from the lower classes).

-Russ

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 14 queries.