ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:12:06 AM 
Started by Eric Deweese - Last post by Craig Hauber
In Norway, apparently every client can afford top-tier gear and everyone can hear the differences (such as they may/may not be).

I guess I'm not a "pro" then.
I use X/M32.

My income comes from doing live event sound, occasional lights and less frequently video.  (Sometimes all at once.)
My crew gets paid and want to come back, no outstanding loans or iou's, cc balance zeroed monthly.
I have happy repeat clients, audiences are always satisfied and venues make money with reasonable ticket prices.
All this because I use "not pro" X/M32 family products and by not being in debt for a "dangling carrot" that usually costs more than a house around here.

I used to bag heavily on that manufacturer up until this very moment when I just now realized what they have enabled me to accomplish.
So here's to the X32 and allowing us MI amateurs to practice our art.

on: Today at 01:04:07 AM 
Started by Eric Deweese - Last post by Scott Holtzman
In Norway, apparently every client can afford top-tier gear and everyone can hear the differences (such as they may/may not be).

Helge certainly has a diverse inventory of high end gear.  Probably takes Siva to bar gigs (just ribbing yah Helge I have learned a ton from you).  X40's are every day speakers.

on: Today at 01:00:44 AM 
Started by George Reiswig - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Walk me through the setup of the Metal, Scott.  Mine is here years later sitting in the box.  Apparently I forgot to take a 10 lbs sledge hammer to it.

Will do we have to get the new software on it that has the wizard.  I have one on my desk let me test this one and I will send you the file then we can setup together.

on: Today at 12:58:56 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Scott Holtzman
A center-fed "dipole" antenna has a center frequency, and then a bandwidth. The SNA600a from Lectrosonics, for instance, covers about +-50 MHz from the center, before there is more than 3dB of loss.

That is correct, the farter you get from the resonant frequency the more RF energy is reflected back to the source.

on: Today at 12:56:02 AM 
Started by George Reiswig - Last post by Scott Holtzman
https://hackaday.com/2013/11/03/rfid-reader-snoops-cards-from-3-feet-away/

No, I don't know the details of how it works. But there's a reason they sell wallets with RF shields now.

That's RFID different tech that Weigand.  All sorts of fun toys out there. 

on: Today at 12:47:11 AM 
Started by Brad Harris - Last post by John Sulek
Same here.

I find passive domed helical like the A5000 a better choice in many rx applications.

on: Yesterday at 10:36:04 PM 
Started by Brad Harris - Last post by Jordan Wolf
…Our Motorola radios that are used campus wide. Everytime one is cued up, within antenna range, it throws this error across all of our receivers.
It’s always amazing to me how “little” RF power it takes to overwhelm the front end of our devices.

You could put bandpass filters between your receive antennas and signal distribution, or even an RF HPF if that more suits your use case.

on: Yesterday at 10:32:50 PM 
Started by Brad Harris - Last post by Jordan Wolf
I never use those antennas with gain switched in.
Same here.

on: Yesterday at 06:01:01 PM 
Started by robin white - Last post by Ike Zimbel
I look after four Sennheiser radio mics installed in a big old church building and they normally work fine.

However, on a couple of occasions over the past 18 months two different receivers have forgotton their set frequency and have had to be retuned. Does anyone know why this happens and what can be done to prevent it from reoccurring please?

It is unlikely that anyone would have played around with the settings as all the receivers are located in a high place inside the church which is only accessible if a ladder is brought to that place.

On the most recent occasion, there was an electrical storm in the local area a few days before the problem occurred. Could that have caused the frequency on the receiver in question to be reset (even if mains power to the receivers was turned off) ?
Do you happen to know if the receivers reset to the first frequency in their range? You haven't said what model you have but if, for example, they were G3's in "A" range, that first frequency would be 516.xxx (I don't have the exact number at hand, maybe 516.125). If that's the case, they may be actually resetting back to factory defaults. Another clue would be the Squelch setting. Sennheisers default to the lowest squelch setting, which again, dependent on the model would be "Low" or "5". If that is happening, then whatever internal memory they are using to hold settings is faulty.

on: Yesterday at 04:56:31 PM 
Started by Brad Harris - Last post by Ike Zimbel
I recently came across this same issue with our recently installed Axient and found this thread. Just found the culprit today. Our Motorola radios that are used campus wide. Everytime one is cued up, within antenna range, it throws this error across all of our receivers. This is probably why the problem is so intermittent and impossible to chase. Also wondering how RF techs on tours/festivals don’t lose their minds with all of 2 way radio traffic.

Cheers,
Austin
What gain setting are your antennas set to? My preferred setting on the UA874 antenna is 0dB, or even -6dB. If you have the gain switched in, either +6 (which, at least according to the block diagram on the side of the antenna, is actually +12dB with -6dB of pad) or +12, all bets are off when it comes to RF overload. I never use those antennas with gain switched in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.