ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:22:05 PM 
Started by Stephen Swaffer - Last post by Matthias McCready
I am running an SQ7 into QSC K12 mains.  I also feed vestibule speakers-JBL Control 25-1's powered by dedicated amps.  When I set things up at pre-show/service prelude volumes to be good everywhere-when the program volume gets loud it is too loud in the vestibules-to the point I blew a speaker.

I can eventually sort this out but would prefer not to go through speakers like they are free. How do I get the volume to scale proportionally?  My first guess is compression?

Here is how I would approach this:

Groups and Matrices.

Depending on your inputs I might do something like so:

Group 1: Band (Any instruments)
Group 2: Vox (Any vocals)
Group 3: Speech (any speaking mics)
group 4; Playback (iTunes, Video inputs) probably skip this for your world, and put these inputs in the Speech group.

For your Matrix:
1. Mains: You can have your groups send at unity.
2. Vest: For your Vestibule, send Band/Vox 15-20dB quieter than speech.

---

Essentially you wanting to create a separate mix that would probably only has 6-12dB of variation in program material.

Make sense?

on: Today at 04:18:39 PM 
Started by John Sulek - Last post by John Sulek
Would anyone have an outdoor rf scan for Boston, MA near zip 02215 they'd be willing to share.
My latest is from 2020 pre Covid and just trying to do a little pre planning.

on: Today at 03:16:04 PM 
Started by Stephen Swaffer - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
I am running an SQ7 into QSC K12 mains.  I also feed vestibule speakers-JBL Control 25-1's powered by dedicated amps.  When I set things up at pre-show/service prelude volumes to be good everywhere-when the program volume gets loud it is too loud in the vestibules-to the point I blew a speaker.

I can eventually sort this out but would prefer not to go through speakers like they are free. How do I get the volume to scale proportionally?  My first guess is compression?

on: Today at 03:11:42 PM 
Started by John Fruits - Last post by John L Nobile
Wonder how many unique songs and sounds that synth inspired?

on: Today at 02:27:32 PM 
Started by John Fruits - Last post by Woody Nuss
We once pulled a Yamaha PM1000 out of the Moonshadow club in Atlanta for service and when we pulled out the modules we found a lot of cocaine that had spilled inside. Ah, the 80's

on: Today at 01:55:56 PM 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Jon Dees
As previously mentioned, the USB/DisplayLink to SDI box from PTZCam is about all I know of there. DisplayLink means I wouldn't consider that a mission critical box for clients you want to appear professional with.

I don't know a lot of firms with USB-C inlets besides the big A/V firms like Atlona and Kramer.

Atlona and Gefen, at least, have supplied me with HDMI cables with screws on the top for those holes in that linked box.

I already have an ATEM Constellation switcher that works great along with a bunch of HDMI>SDI black magic and decimator converters. I'm trying to eliminate HDMI from the equation, as the plugs keep falling out.

Looking for something that goes direct from USB to SDI.

on: Today at 01:19:48 PM 
Started by Thomas Le - Last post by Ivan Beaver

Are SURE the amplifier does not have the same output, and not that someones hearing is not what they remember.

Maybe the mix/blend was different years ago, maybe the operators are not running it as loud (that is assuming you are running the system at max output).

What makes you think the amplifier has "lost power"?  Besides someone saying it is not as loud as before.

on: Today at 01:04:11 PM 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Tim Hite
Something like this with an SDI converter on the output, I would guess.

Or maybe a Roland?

I already have an ATEM Constellation switcher that works great along with a bunch of HDMI>SDI black magic and decimator converters. I'm trying to eliminate HDMI from the equation, as the plugs keep falling out.

Looking for something that goes direct from USB to SDI.

on: Today at 12:50:05 PM 
Started by brian maddox - Last post by Matthew Knischewsky
I've got a friend who is reporting that he is getting crackling noises when he adjusts the volume control on his guitar while using his Sennhesier G4 transmitter. Noise happens on all 5 of his guitars and noise does NOT happen with a cable.

Adapter is 1/8" trs screw in to 1/4" TS although I'm not sure of exactly how that is wired.

Could this be caused by the bias voltage on the Tip connection of the Transmitter? Should the adapter be wired 1/8" Ring to 1/4" Tip?

Inquiring minds....

I really feel like I should know the answer to this, but surprisingly I really don't.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

It definitely sounds like the adapter cable is wired incorrectly.  Had something similar happen a number of years ago when we ordered a quantity of cables for Sennheiser EW series, they arrived with the correct connectors but the wiring was incorrect. It took a while to figure out because all of the new cables seemed "bad" until we tried one of the supposedly inferior Sennheiser branded molded cables, which worked fine.

on: Today at 12:36:55 PM 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Jon Dees
Something like this with an SDI converter on the output, I would guess.

Or maybe a Roland?

So what's the pro move here?

This is for small corpy stuff so media servers aren't really in the budget and we are getting media delivered last moment, generally.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 14 queries.